Chapter 84

"Oh Aonung.." Aneysa held onto him tightly.

She knew this day would come but, she did not expect it to happen so soon.

Aonung continues to cry, as he pours his heart out to her.

"Why does he blame me? Is it really my fault?" Aonung says.

"Hey hey" she calls out softly, moving him away to cup onto his cheeks, "no matter what he says, you are not at fault. At all."

"I read.. I found the birth certificates. I read through it all. When I told him, he said it so casually like it didn't matter. Like it just.. it didn't mean anything to him. All he wanted was for me to thank him?" Aonung's sobs calm down and yet, his tears continue to fall.

"You do not have to thank him. You do not have to do anything that you wish not to do. But Aonung.. what did you say to him?" Aneysa asks.

He folds his lips, as he gulps.

She wipes his tears with her thumb, "Nung?"

"I told him I am not bothered" Aonung says.

"Well.. will you tell me the truth, about how you feel?" Aneysa asks.

"I'm heartbroken" his voice breaks, as his throat becomes dry.

His face was slightly pale and his eyes were red. His tears continued to fall, but got less and less, as Aneysa continued to wipe them with her thumbs.

"When did you find out?" Aneysa asks.

"I found out three weeks ago" Aonung says.

"Why didn't you tell anyone? Does anyone know? Does Tsireya know?" Aneysa asks.

He shakes his head no guiltily.

"I can't. I don't wish for her relationship with her father to get bad" Aonung replies.

Aneysa gives a sad sigh. 

"Will Love come home tonight?" Aneysa asks.

He shakes his head no.

"Do you want to stay over? I'll set the guest room for you for tonight" Aneysa says.

"I don't want to interrupt" Aonung says.

"Well.. just come. We can talk about it more and I'll speak to Teyam. I can't let you go back to your house when you are like this" Aneysa says.

He nods, "that'll be great. Please."

She nods.

-

They arrive back to the Sully's house.

Aneysa opens the door for Aonung, letting him walk in as she walks behind.

"Go in and get yourself comfortable. I'll be back" Aneysa says to him.

Aonung walks to the kitchen whilst Aneysa walks upstairs, as she realises Neteyam had come back from work, seeing his jacket hung up by the door.

She walks into their bedroom and finds him with just his trousers on, as his hair was wet and a strand of his braid was falling out, in front of his face.

"You're home. And you've showered" she smiles at him.

"It's been a long day. There were a lot more patients than usual after this stupid virus has gone around" Neteyam sighs before pulling Aneysa towards him, "I've been so excited to come home to you. Where did you go?"

"I was out with Aonung. We went shopping. Speaking of which, I need your help" Aneysa says.

"Anything for you" Neteyam replies.