Chapter 68

Mo'at was sat next down by herself, looking around, when Neteyam had come to sit next to her.

"Grandma" Neteyam says.

"Are you here to tell me that I had made a mistake on what I said to your girlfriend? That I am a horrible and evil person?" Mo'at says.

Neteyam sighs, "no. Not at all actually."

Mo'at looks to him.

"What you did was wrong. I will admit that. I understand that u are trying your best to care for us and be there for us. However, we are no longer children. What we do in our life, any mistakes we make. It is our responsibility" Neteyam says.

She smiles and looks down.

"I would not say you are evil. If you were evil, there would be a lot more that you would do. However, you are wrong of the way you have handled this fear. You have caused problems for Aneysa. Problems that did not need to be created. All because of a couple of words that your friends had said to you" Neteyam says.

"I am just trying to look out for you. I am trying to do my best" Mo'at says.

"I know grandma. And I appreciate it. I know that after Raya.. I had given a hard time to everyone. Including you. I understand your worry and your pain. But.. I love her. Aneysa is the woman I love and nothing can change that. She makes me happy, she's made me confident and strong. She's introduced me to do many new things. She is the woman that I need. In my life. Forever" Neteyam says.

Mo'at nods, "if that is what you truly believe then.. I will accept."

Neteyam smiles, "she is a great woman Grandma. I promise you."

-

"Why do you get to have chocolate chip?" Lo'ak asks, slightly sulking.

"Because I am special" Aneysa replies as she laughs.

Lo'ak rolls his eyes and looks away.

As they're walking, Aneysa figures that it would be the best opportunity to talk about this morning.

"Lo'ak. We still need to talk about this morning. You know you can speak to me right? I have said many times, when there is something wrong, you must speak. To me, to Reya, to Neteyam. Any of us" Aneysa says.

"Nothing is wrong. That is why I have not said anything" Lo'ak replies.

"Lo'ak. I know when something is wrong. You have opened to me to the point where I know. Just tell me, I can help you" Aneysa says.

"Nothing is wrong Aneysa. I promise" Lo'ak says.

"I cannot force it out of you. But I promise that I will not stop bugging you" Aneysa says.

Lo'ak laughs, "I'm glad to see how much you care about me but I am fine. Let's just enjoy this trip for the moment."

They had come back with ice cream, as Tuk immediately got on her two feet as she jumped, excited to finally have some.

"Strawberry! My favourite!" She hugs Lo'ak by his legs, causing him to laugh, as she holds the tub of swirled strawberry ice cream, along with a little strawberry sauce to top it.

"How could I ever forget your favourite" Lo'ak replies.

They share out the ice creams, leaving one left for Neteyam and Aneysa to have together.

"Oh I'm sorry. I thought they gave us twelve" Lo'ak scratches the back of his head.

"It's fine. I won't have any" Neteyam says.