Chapter 72

Neteyam wakes up the next morning, feeling light headed, as he groans.

His body felt weird, as a cold sweat dripped slowly down his head.

His eyes felt weak. He felt.. unwell.

"Aneysa.." he mumbles out.

Aneysa, who was sat at his desk, turns to look at him, seeing him move his head slightly.

"Hey hey" she says to him softly as she walks to him, sitting down on the bed.

"What's happening? What's going on?" He begins to touch his head, feeling a wet cloth over it.

"You are unwell Teyam. Everything will get better but you must rest" she says to him, cupping his cheek. 

"No I can't. I have to work. I- Lo'ak" Neteyam says, looking at her weakly.

"Dr.Elias is there with him. You must rest so you can recover quickly" Aneysa says to him.

"What even happened last night?" Neteyam asks.

"You don't remember?" Aneysa asks.

He shakes his head no, giving a little pout, "the only thing I remember is having a drink with some colleagues- oh no. I got drunk didn't I?"

Aneysa nods, "but it's fine. It's okay. It was only once."

"No but my colleagues-"

"Are assholes. And will be dealt with" Aneysa says.

"What do you mean?" Neteyam asks.

He had no idea they left him.

"Teyam.. last night when I found you.. they left you on your own. Drunk. With the bill" Aneysa says.

Neteyam let's out a sigh and nods, "so they used me."

"And I'm going to use them to my own satisfaction" Aneysa replies.

"Aneysa.. what are you going to do?" Neteyam asks, slightly concerned.

"You worry too much. I don't plan to do a thing other than get the $250 dollars that they owe" Aneysa shrugs.

"Aneysa.." Neteyam looks at her, slightly unconvinced.

His nose scrunches up, as he feels a sharp pain in his head.

"Ahh~" he whines.

"Oh dear. You really are sick" Aneysa says.

"How can this happen? I always take care of myself" Neteyam says.

"You have been in the hospital day and night, overworking yourself, around people with diseases" Aneysa says to him.

Neteyam let's out another frustrated sigh.

"I know. How about, I help you with a nice bath and then you can eat? Hm? And then I will give you some medication and let you sleep"Aneysa says.

"I don't want you to do too much" Neteyam says.

She sighs, holding onto his hand, "you gave me the promise ring for a reason, right? You wish for me to be your wife one day. How can I be your wife if we do not take care of each other, whilst I'm your girlfriend?"

And he couldn't help but agree.

"But, are you sure?" He felt slightly bad.

She nods, "im sure. Come, let's get you up."

Aneysa helps him up as they walk out together, making their way to the bathroom.

-

"Tsireya. You must come, you have not been to university in over a month now. Do you wish to fail?" Aonung asks.