Chapter 43

"Ronal, it was just in the heat of the moment" Tonowari says.

"No. No, what should be said in the heat of the moment is you whimpering for more. Not asking me to marry you" Ronal says.

"I don't understand why you're so angry about this? We've liked each other for so long" Tonowari says.

"You chose to get married and start a new life, you think I'd believe that?" Ronal asks.

"Because you left! I was alone, and you left to go to Australia. Did you not think for once how much it hurt me? How I felt as though I'd never see you again?" Tonowari asks.

"What about your wife?" Ronal asks, "did she know her husband was in love with someone else?"

"Yes! Yes she did! My mother found her as a suitable match for me. She was a widow, in love with her husband who had passed. And me? I was in love with you. I still am! God woman, is it so hard to understand?" Tonowari asks as he grew frustrated.

"But, your kids" Ronal was confused. How could he be in love with her? He had another family with an entirely different woman.

"The only reason we had kids is because I wanted my own. I wanted a family. And me and their mother both became very good friends. We had trust in each other and bought the kids up with love and respect. But I have always been in love with you" Tonowari says.

Ronal walks back slightly, feeling in shock. How could she be a fool for thinking Tonowari stopped loving her?

"You chose to leave me Ronal. I didn't. I was happy to come with you and you disagreed. You left and I tried to get in contact with you for months and I got nothing. Nothing! Do you think I'm going to waste any time now?" Tonowari asks her.

She was too stunned to speak.

"Answer me goddamit!" Tonowari shouts.

But it wasn't an angry shout. It was a shout that showed how he was hurt.

"I'm sorry" Ronal speaks.

He sighs, looking away for a moment only to then look back at her, holding onto both her hands, "you are the woman I want. You are what i desire."
-
Neteyam was walking back and fourth the guest room, impatiently waiting for Aneysa to return back.

"Why hasn't she texted me? Wouldn't she tell me if she's okay?" He mutters to himself.

"I know she doesn't have feelings for me anymore but, she knows I'm worried, couldn't she at least give me a call? Something?" Neteyam continues to mutter.

His eyes light up as he reaches for his phone in his pocket after hearing his phone ping. Only for his eyes to go dull again, when he sees that it wasn't Aneysa.

"What does Athena want?" He rolls his eyes.

"I'm in your area! Shall I come over?" He reads out her text.

Without replying, he throws the phone onto the bed.

"Ugh" he grunts.

The door opens, making Neteyam turn his body around completely.

"Aneysa! You're home!" He walks towards her, holding her from her shoulders to observe her and make sure she was not injured.

"Neteyam I'm fine" she sighs.

He looks up at her, "you were gone for so long, I got worried."

"Hey" she cups onto his cheek.

The warmth of her hand melts his cheek.

Desireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें