Chapter 39

Kavin returned home from work.

He makes his way upstairs, not calling out for anyone. He usually never did.

But he realises Aneysa's bedroom door was wide open. Which was unusual, as she usually kept it closed.

He walks in, seeing her bed messy and her pillows were spread around her bed.

Kavin looks at her pillow, noticing something poke around from underneath.

He makes his way to it, only to find the tablets that Aneysa had been taking.
-
Aneysa grunts a little as she opens her eyes, realising she was still in Neteyam's bed.

She smiles as she smells his scent on his pillow, finding great comfort in it.

"You awake?" Neteyam asks.

She opens her eyes properly, seeing him on his chair at his desk, with a pen in his hand.

Aneysa sits up, "what time is it?"

"It's currently three pm" Neteyam tells her.

"It feels as though I have been sleeping for hours" Aneysa says, as she holds her head.

She feels slightly dizzy.

"Do you have a headache?" He asks her.

Aneysa nods her head, but ignores it, "you've been sitting on that chair all this time? Your back must hurt."

"I spend hours working in a hospital standing up. This is nothing" Neteyam shrugs.

"You should get in the bed" Aneysa says.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable" Neteyam says.

"Neteyam this is your bed. It's fine" Aneysa moves over for him.

He makes his way to sit down in his bed next to Aneysa, as she puts the blanket over him.

As much as she was hurt, he took care of her. It would be wrong for her to continue to be mad at him at this very moment.

"What are you writing?" She asks him. 

"I'm not sure honestly. After you told me about how your father wrote poems down to help him express his feelings, I thought I'd try it out. I must say, your father is a wise man, this genuinely really helps" Neteyam says.

"Can I see?" She asks him.

"Sure" he smiles at her and hands over the book.

"You trust me that much?" She asks him.

He nods, "of course I do."

She smiles before looking down at the book in her hand.

I remember when you were all mine.
Watch you changing in front of my eyes.
What can I say?
Now that I'm not the hand that you hold, as you're walking away.
Will you call me to tell me you're alright?
'Cause I worry about you the whole night.
I won't sleep 'til you're safe.
If you're home I just hope that you're sober
Is it time to let go now you've moved on.
Don't leave me this way.

She smiles and looks at him, "it is a mix of very different words and feelings. But it's not bad."

"If I'm honest, I only write what comes to my head and how I feel in that very moment" Neteyam says.

She nods, "so are you saying you worry about me all night?"

"Maybe" Neteyam looks at her.

She looks back at him as they're both so close to each other.