Chapter 79

Aneysa was out in the garden, planting Jake's flowers.

She'd promise him she'd take care of them whilst he had left, for his business trip.

It was a cold, winter afternoon, despite a glimpse of sun shining through.

The sound of little birds chirping, as they sat on the bench, watching Aneysa as she watered the flowers.

She looked at them and smiled.

Nature was one of the most beautiful things to her. It always had been.

She had a kind heart when it came to animals and plants. And she made sure to do her best, looking after them.

"I see someone has become Snow White" Aonung mocks as he's walking to her.

He had just come from visiting Lo'ak.

"Nung, what are you doing here?" Aneysa asks.

"I thought I'd come by to see Lo'ak. I didn't get much of a chance yesterday after Reya stormed out" Aonung says.

Aneysa nods, before going back to watering the plants.

Aonung comes and sits down next to her, causing the birds to fly away.

"So.. how are you?" Aonung asks.

Aneysa sits up and looks at him, "I don't know. I feel.. lost I guess."

"Neteyam kind of told me.. about what happened yesterday. I mean he didn't really explain it properly but, I thought it's best to hear it from you" Aonung says.

She smiles at him, "I'm glad to see you care but, everything is fine."

"Aneysa.. when Neteyam is telling me he's worried you're falling out of love with him, despite the fact you're wearing that ring on your finger, something is most definitely wrong" Aonung says.

She sighs, "fine. Yes. Something is terribly wrong."

She throws her hands up and sighs, as though she had been caught.

"So, tell me" Aonung says.

"It's just, he made me beg" Aneysa says in disgust.

"Wait what? Who? Huh?" Aonung becomes alert as he sits up straight, facing Aneysa.

"I went to apologise to Neteyam's colleague yesterday. I didn't want Teyam to lose his job" Aneysa says.

"He told me that bit, yeah" Aonung says before listening in to what else she had to say.

"Anyways, I apologised but he said it was not enough and told me to beg" Aneysa says.

"And you did it?" Aonung asks.

She nods.

"But why?" Aonung asks another question.

"I just.. I was tired Nung. My day had started off badly when he was mad at me. I hate it when Teyam is mad at me. It really hurts my heart" Aneysa sulks.

"Oh well of course. You love him after all, I understand that" Aonung pats her shoulder.

She sighs, "if I said no, he would have tried to hurt me. And I could have easily fought back but.. I already risked Teyam in losing his job. I did not want it to become permanent. So I did what I was asked to do."

"I understand that. I know that, you just wanted to make things right, but Aneysa you should have not done that. You should have walked out that room straight away" Aonung says.

"How could I? Being in that room, I felt as though.. as though I was the smallest person there. I had become so weak and so vulnerable, and when I saw Ethan's face, all I remembered was-"