Chapter 38

Neteyam walks up to his room, holding a hot water bottle in his hand.

He lays down a couple of blankets, along with some cushions from the guest room.

He leaves the hot water bottle on the bed, picking up a towel and walking towards the bathroom.

"Aneysa, you ready to come out?" He calls for her.

He gets no response.

"Aneysa?" He calls out again.

No response.

He walks in.

"Aneysa!" He shouts as he sees her head underwater.

He drops the towel and runs towards the bathtub, bending down to pick her up out the water.

As he does so, he taps her face lightly, "Aneysa. Wake up!"

His hands begin to shake as he panics, not knowing what happened as he only left her for fifteen minutes.

She coughs a little, as water falls out her mouth.

Aneysa let's out a little gasp as her eyes opened.

"Aneysa?" He calls out to get again in a soft tone.

She looks at him, "what happened?"

He had no words to say, as his heart had been pounding. The thought of losing her had him panicked all over.

Neteyam pulls her in for a hug as he holds her tightly.

"Neteyam, you're going to get your clothes wet" Aneysa says to him. She was confused, having no idea what was going on or why he was hugging her, as the last thing she remembers was her falling asleep.

Despite his clothes getting wet to the touch of Aneysa's body, he chooses not to let go of her.

In that moment, she stayed back and let him hold onto her. She could sense that he was afraid and if it bought him comfort then shouldn't stop him, even if she had no idea why.
-
Neteyam brings her inside his room as the towel was wrapped around her.

She begins to shiver.

Neteyam decides that it's best for him to help her out to dress her.

"Let me do it" she says to him.

"Just stay still" he says to her.

Neteyam takes the boxers out, laying out before he places the pad on top, putting the wings behind.

Aneysa couldn't help but be impressed at how he knows how to put a pad on.

She leans her hand onto his shoulder as he was bent down in front of her.

She puts one leg in and then the other. Neteyam then stands up as he pulls it up on her.

It wasn't awkward nor embarrassing for him. It just felt.. casual.

He then takes the towel off her shoulders, placing it on the chair near his bed, before picking up his tshirt from his bed.

He walks towards her, as they were now the inches apart.

He looks down at her and she looks up at him. Both of them making eye contact with one another.

Neteyam places the tshirt on her gently, letting her put her arms into the sleeves of his shirt.

He then leans his head forward, bringing his hand forward and taking her hair out the back of his tshirt.

"Thankyou" she whispers to him.