Chapter 40

After explaining the situation to Ronal and Lo'ak, Neteyam brings back Aneysa, as he places her things in the guest room.

As for Ronal, she had an extra place to stay in, so she chose to stay at that house rather than going back, as there was no reason to if Aneysa was not there.
-
"I can't believe he did this" Aneysa says, "I mean, I knew what he was capable of. But this? I could never imagine it."

"I'm just glad I was there. It's not a situation that you should be in. On your own" Neteyam replies.

She looks up at Neteyam, as the journal is in her hand, "what do I do? He's ripped it apart."

"I could maybe try and fix it?" Neteyam asks her.

She shakes her head no, "you can't. It's been destroyed completely."

The backing had been ripped off the actual book, along with a couple of pages.

Neteyam wanted to try and make her feel better but he knew that she was much more clever than that to believe a lie as such.

Or was it?
-
Neytiri, Jake, Kiri, Tuk and Lo'ak had returned home.

"Where is she?" Lo'ak asks.

"She's asleep in the guest room. She's had a long day, I wouldn't disturb her" Neteyam says.

"Why did you make her sleep in the guest room? Why not next to you?" Kiri asks.

"Kiri" Jake says in a telling off tone.

"Sorry" Kiri rolls her eyes.

"It's only temporary. I'm getting a new bed. Once I do, I'll be happy to share it with her" Neteyam says.

"Poor girl, her heart must be broken" Neytiri felt bad, "maybe I should make her a good breakfast. Since it is the meal to start the day so if I make her something nice it'll probably make her feel better."

Jake nods in agreement.

The family disperse one by one. But Neteyam follows Lo'ak upstairs.  They hadn't had a proper talk since Lo'ak returned back home that one day, only for an hour. And the only thing they did was fight. 

"Lo'ak. May I speak with you?" Neteyam asks him.

Lo'ak turns around, "sure."

They both walk to Neteyam's room, as Lo'ak closes the door behind him.

"I just wanted to say, I'm sorry Lo'ak. For everything. For the way I treated you, I acted as though I was a child. I was wrong for that and I take all the responsibility, I mean it. I miss my brother, Lo'ak" Neteyam says to him.

Lo'ak nods, "apology accepted. Is that all?"

Neteyam was confused at his response.

"Lo'ak why are you not angry? Why are you not trying to agree that it's my fault, that I was in the wrong? You love being right, this is your chance" Neteyam makes a joke.

"I'm tired, Neteyam" Lo'ak says.

"Lo'ak? What's going on?" Neteyam walks to him.

"I'm tired" Lo'aks' voice cracks as he says those two words.

All Neteyam sees is his baby brother, stood in front of him, on the verge of tears. He knew this look since Lo'ak and him were children. That is how Lo'ak would look at him after getting in trouble.

"Lo'ak" Neteyam calls out to him in a fainted voice.

"I'm so tired, constantly. My mind is just eating me up, and I'm trying so hard Neteyam, I really am. But I feel suffocated" Lo'ak gets himself to breathe, as he did not wish to fall into tears. But his shaky voice told Neteyam everything he needed to know.