Chapter 24

Kavin arrived home from work to find the lights completely off, not even the kitchen light on.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" He calls out.

There's no response.

"Mother?" He calls out again, before switching the lights on.

He hears a thud from upstairs.

Kavin looks up in panic before he runs upstairs, heading for his mothers room.

He walks in, finding her conscious but on the floor.

"Mother what happened? How did you fall?" Kavin asks.

He bends down to her.

Gorya looks up.

Her face had gone completely pale, as her lips were dry. She was covered in sweat and could barely open her eyes.

"I'm fine- I just" Gorya is about to speak when she coughs and a lot more blood than usual had spilled out her mouth.

Kavin began to panic.

"No no" he holds onto his mothers face.

"Neteyam" Gorya whispers his name.

"What?" Kavin looked at her confused.

She pointed towards her phone.

Kavin unlocks her phone and goes through her contacts, looking until he found Neteyam's number.
-
Neteyam was sat downstairs with Neytiri, when his phone began to ring.

He saw that the call was coming from Gorya's number.

He answers the phone.

"Hello-"
"Neteyam, it's my mother. She's. She's dying!"
"What?" Neteyam quickly stands up, "what do you mean she's dying? What's happened?"

Neytiri stands up and holds onto Neteyam's arm, giving him a concerned look.

"She's. She's pale and she's bleeding from her mouth again. I don't know what's going on, but she asked me to call you. Please, help me" Kavin says.

Neteyam turns off the call.

"What's going on?" Neytiri asks.

"It's Gorya. Somethings wrong" Neteyam says to her.

"We must tell Aneysa" Neytiri is about to walk up but Neteyam stops her.

"You cannot. Gorya has asked that you do not tell her" Neteyam stops her.

He then makes his way upstairs, to go into his office where he had his documents.

He rushes through the papers, trying to find Gorya's name.

As he's lookin, Aneysa walks in.

"Teyam?" She calls out to him.

He stops and looks up at her.

"Why are you concerned? Is everything alright?" Aneysa asks.

"Everything is fine" Neteyam says and looks back down.

He finds Gorya's documents, as he begins to go through it.

"Are you sure? You seem very tense, what's going on?" She asks.

"Gorya please leave. You should not be in here" he says as he puts the folder down for a second, moving to his little cabinets where he had kept some medication and needles.

She walks towards his desk, where the folder was laid out, open on the page that had Gorya's details.

As she's walking towards it, Neteyam turns around before he walks towards it and closes it.