Chapter 77

Lo'ak was now surrounded by his family members.

And just like that, everything he had said?

How much he wished to disappear and never come back?

Having nothing to live for?

He took back all his words as he smiled weakly, sitting up as his family were around him.

Talking to him.

"I am so glad you are awake brother" Tuk smiles as she rests her head on his chest.

The sound of the door opens, as everyone turns to look ahead.

"Sorry we're late" Ronal says as she walks in first, holding Tsireya's hand.

Ronal looks at Lo'ak and smiles, "I am glad to see that you are awake."

Lo'ak smiles back at her, glancing at her only for a second, to then look at Tsireya.

They both looked at one another.

And in that moment nothing felt better for Lo'ak, than to finally see the woman that he loved, standing right in front of him.

"I think we should give them a bit of privacy" Neytiri picks up Tuk from Lo'aks' lap, "how about we buy some snacks from the vending machine.

"Ooh yes please!" Tuk cheers as she hugs her mother tightly.

"Wow. And no offer for me?" Kiri calls out as she's walking behind them. 

Jake pats her shoulder, "I'll buy you something."

"And I'll buy myself something" Neteyam adds on.

Mo'at only laughs as she sees what her grandchildren are like together.

Chaotic and messy, even in the most serious times.

Eventually it had become silent, as Tsireya had stood in the same spot that she was in, staring at Lo'ak as though she had not seen him before.

"Reya" he calls out to her, weakly.

She felt a sharp pain in her heart.

The pain of a woman who's heart had been shattered into a million pieces, seeing the man that she loved laying in a hospital bed, looking almost.. lifeless.

"Why don't you sit down?" He asks her.

She shakes her head no, "it's okay."

"Please?" He asks, giving her a pleasing look.

How could she say no. When he looked at her like that?

She nods, and sits next to him.

It was quiet as she looked down, fiddling with her fingers whilst he looked at her.

"I'm sorry" he apologises to her.

She shakes her head no, wiping her eyes before looking up at him.

Tsireya shakes her head no, "you have nothing to be sorry about, Lo'ak. I am just.. happy to see you again."

"But I do. Reya, I broke your heart. I didn't mean to but I did. I broke your heart" Lo'ak says. 

She shakes her head no, "you did not. You never have."

"I just.. I have so many problems with me that I can't.. I don't want to put you through this" Lo'ak says.

"Are you.. do you want to break up with me?" Tsireya looked at him as her eyebrows furrowed.

"It is not that I want to. But I must. For your sake, I must-"