Wiping that cocky grin off his face.

Kyler

Bulldog and I watched as Carly continued through the assault course. Our fathers had told us that her mother was scared of heights and it took everything in her to complete the course. By the looks of things, they don't hold the same trait. She is flying through the course.

She's a second faster than Bulldog on the ladder which is impressive no one has ever bet him on anything. She's strong, a lot stronger than a lot of the girls and boys here. She makes her way over the fishnet ropes and on the other side ducks the swinging weights. The assault course was upgraded three years ago. They thought it needed a change so kids would enjoy it more. I'm sure they'd enjoy the mud if they feel off. I sniggered.

We'd all been there. We were the first to try it out and that shit sticks like a second skin and worse in the Summer when it dried rock hard on your skin looking like a mud monster.

We watch as she calculates each and everyone until she's safely across. I smile. She's at a two-second advantage. She slips under the net and wiggles her way through like a pro. She then pulls herself up the wall. I'm surprised she hasn't fallen back down to the ground because she's never had the experience of rock climbing. This abseiling construction will make you hit the ground but she again sails through. Before climbing up the ladder on the tree trunk to continue to the rope bridge then another rope where she has to use her hands to propel herself across using her arms like feet on the ordeals of a bike to get her across.

Bulldog Jr

I watch her. This girl is truly amazing. I can't understand why she's here, she's been nothing but respectful towards us. She enjoys the banter between us and isn't scared of retaliating. She gives as good as she gets. I can't understand why people don't like her. She's different from other girls, that's for sure. But she has a pure heart and that's rare for any kid these days. I continue watching the girl has muscle, not overpowering muscle but enough where it's needed. Kyler has a big smirk plastered over his face which can't mean anything good.

I've grown up with this guy and he has various smirks from flirtatious to your going down bitch smirk and this is one of those smirks. I gulped loudly. Carly takes the zip wire and flies down hitting the ground with her feet perfectly and letting go. Kyler snaps the button on the stopwatch meaning she's and he's finally stopped timing her. I take another long hard gulp.

He still has a shit-eating grin on his face, one I want to wipe off. She smiled at us walking toward us. Does this girl never work up a sweat or breath heavily at all that should have taken the wind off of her not just her breath?

"So how did I do?"

His smirk grew wider. Shit.

"You bet Bulldogs' time by five seconds flat."

Hugh.

"That can be right, let's have a look."

"Fine, suit yourself I've written them down too."

Of course, he would.

I looked at the stopwatches and the paper twice, three times than four. "You done Bulldog?"

"Yeah." I looked at Carly holding my hand out something I rarely do cause no one has ever beaten my time not even Kyler. "Congrats Carly. I'm impressed."

She smiled, placing her hand on mine. I wrapped my hand around hers. "Thanks, I know it's hard for you to be beaten by a girl."

Kyler laughed. "You finally took that cocky grin off his face."

"Yeah, I did." She smiled.

I pulled her into me. Her breathing pulsed. I smirked. "There's still one more course Carly and I guarantee you won't beat my time and my cocky grin will be back."

"We'll see. I'll make sure I'll keep that cocky grin off your face."

"Game on sweetheart, game on."

Kyler fake coughed. "I think that's enough for this morning. We should head back and get some grub before this afternoon. "

"What's happening this afternoon?"

"You're going to learn self-defence, angel with the best of the best."

She nodded and I let go of her hand and she pulled away from me and smiled. I returned her smile. She wouldn't be smiling this time tomorrow when she can't beat my time on the biggest adult course here.

We walked away from the assault course and headed back to get some grub before she met the great prodigy. Curtis. He's been here since I can remember he took over from my Kyler's father. He's awesome.