Training

Carly

The knocking came on the door. I groaned. Couldn't these guys leave me just for one morning? My limbs are aching. I trained all day yesterday. I swear these guys like to torture you.

"Come on Carly, rise and shine, we've got a lot to do today, only a week left until the games. We need to be prepared."

Urgh.

I felt my body being lifted out of my bed. I opened my eyes to a smirking face. "Put me down, bulldog."

"Not on your life angel. We have to do more intense training than yesterday."

Urgh, kill me now.

"Have you told her who arrived yesterday at camp Hollingway?"

"Nope."

"What are you guys talking about? It's too early for this shot."

"We'd agree with you any other time but a little birdie told me that Alijah Mckenly arrived yesterday morning and Ethan has already enlisted him to do the games and he agreed because you'll be there."

My ears perched up well. That's new. I thought the little prick hated me after what happened. We need to know you're all in Carly. Ethan is a sly shit and he'll make sure that Alijah does things the way he wants so he can win, by cheating. We haven't won for years and you're the best here. Are you all in?"

"Don't ask something so dumb, Bulldog, of course she's in."

"Shut up Curtis."

"Well, she will be. She won't let us down as

"We all know she wants to beat that kid's sorry ass and rub it in his face."

I grinned, that it would be nice to finally put Alijah Mckenley in his place after everything he'd put me through since starting in our school. I looked at all three of them, looking hopeful. I smiled widely. "You know I'd never let you guys down."

They all pulled me into a hug. "You're the best Carls."

"I wouldn't say that."

"Well, we do so shut up and suck it up"

Who was I to argue with these men in front of me?

They pulled out the hug. Everyone's waiting, we are all training together."

"Cool. This would be the first day I would get to meet everyone.

After I shooed them out of my cabin, I took a quick shower and relieved myself. I got dressed into my tank top and leggings, I slipped my trainers on and met the guys outside the cabin. We walked across the grounds and, true to their word, there were around fifty other kids there. Right guys and gals, you've all been introduced to Carly, so no snipping or you'll be disqualified. This morning we'll be doing a three-mile run before breakfast at around eleven. You'll all be split into groups, so don't get your hopes up if you don't get put with your friends. The trail is marked so none of you can get lost. Once I blow this whistle, you'll be on your own. Ready?"

"Yes." Everyone chorused.

"Remember this isn't a competition. That comes later and over the next few days, when fifty will be twenty, good luck everyone, go." Curtis said, blowing the whistle, and we were off.

Alijah

The cold water made me choke, soaking me head to toe as well as my bed. Ethan and his two lackeys were laughing hysterically. "What the fuck Ethan?! I'm soaked. Where the hell am I supposed to sleep tonight?"