Hungover - Day 1 The Games

Carly

Urgh, I'm never ever drinking again. I can't believe I let these two idiots rope me into this shit, especially when the games are starting today. In, well, less than an hour. I can't believe we stayed here celebrating when we could've done it after the games when we had one more thing to celebrate. No, I don't think I can even make it through today, let alone the next couple of days with this banging head. If this is what happens when you drink I'm out, I'll never ever drink again.

"Urgh." A groan came from beside me. "Morning Carls, how's the head?"

"Urgh."

"That bad hugh?"

"This is all your fault. I'm blaming you and that oaf beside you."

"Did I hear my name?"

"Welcome to the land of the living Jonathan." I drawled out.

"Ooh someone's in a pissy mood."

"Carls is having her first official hangover. One of many, may I add." Kyler laughed. Hysterically.

"Don't think so. Never again."

"Everyone says that even if we did, daint we BJ"

"Don't call me that shit head. It's bulldog Jr or Jonathan. Never BJ, everyone will get the wrong idea."

We both laughed at him. "We'll BJ hadn't we best get going to get showered and shit before the games start."

"Shit fuck we should and any more of that shit I'll spank your hide."

"Whatever."

They both laughed and we pulled ourselves up, heading back to camp to get our shit sorted out because not only did we look fucking terrible but we smelt of booze and Hollingway would definitely tan our hides. All of us.

Alijah

We all made it to camp Carlisle. I wonder who they named this shitty place after. I also wondered how my friends were doing. We were separated because of this punishment. That fucker knew what he was doing, but I don't think he expected the two camps to be put up against one another whilst me and Carly were there to learn how to respect each other. Yeah, as if that was ever going to happen with or without this camp, she would always be and remain a freak.

I once thought we could be friends, but I can't see that happening anytime soon. She's too much of a freak for me to be friends with. Maybe in another life when she's nothing like she is now.

We all watched as the contenders approached us. This was going to be fun. Ethan looked at me and grinned. I nodded, grinning that this was going to be a piece of cake. They were all going to eat shit. Then she walked towards all of us with two of the camp squadron leaders. I looked at all of them. They all looked rough and their eyes were glassed over. Were they dealing with a hangover? If they were, would this even work? I looked at all of them, scanning them from head to toe. They were around six feet tall and calmly looked like a mere bug between them, but a cute bug. Wait what the hell am I thinking, though when I looked at her she'd been stripped of that dark black makeup and mascara that made her look fucking pale. Now she looks well, I dare say it: normal.

Ethan leaned over, talking into my ear. "Those two are the ones to look out for. We need to get Evans away from them for this to work."

"Who are they?"

"Those two hotshots are our competitors. Kyle Hayes and bulldog JR."

I looked at Ethan shocked, there was no friggin 'way he was our head teacher's kid.

Ethan nodded. "He is before you ask. His father put him here after he left school. He's nineteen, same as Hayes. They grew up together and his father thought it would be a good experience to get him out of his little bubble and put him through what he had when he was his age. We were all taught to respect others and they respect you back equally. I say that's horse shite but that's just my opinion. My father is a moron and believes in what he preaches."

"So we'll be up against them too?"

"Depends on who Caspian puts us all against. He's not as bad as my father, but he's been taught my father's ways, being his brother and all, so watch out, no doubt we'll come up against him eventually."

I nodded. There was so much info to take in one, I never expected Carly to be sent somewhere the headteacher's son was, but he always had a soft spot for Evans when it came to us bullying her. Maybe he thought he owed it to her mother or something. I guess we will never know.

The whistle blew and a tall, well-built male in his army uniform stood proud on the stage. "Welcome to those who are here from camp Hollingway for this week's games. I'm Sergeant Casapian Holingway."

Well, I guess now I know why they named this camp Carlisle, so there was no confusion. Ethan was the Sergeant there and his uncle here. Boy, this was going to be so much fun.

"I will be watching throughout the games explaining what you need to do to complete each and every obstacle to be named the best of the best for this year's cup. As we already know, camp Hollingway has taken the cup for the past few years but we are hoping to take it back this year. This year there is not only one new camper but two, our very own; Carly Evans will be joining us for the games and Alijah McKinley for camp Holingway. We wish everyone the best in the games and those who are in the top six will finish. They will take the assault course through the woods, returning here to be crowned the winner of the camp games 2022. Are we all ready?"

"Yes." Was screamed over the campsite.

Though there were some not so enthusiastic about it. I wonder if their sergeant would notice they were all hungover. I grinned evilly.

"They'll all get baited but he'll leave it until the end of the games. Trust me. I know Cas better than anyone; he's the only man in my family I actually look up to."

I nodded. "So the plan?"

"Just as it was before. We wait until the final and we grab her."

"Are you sure your mole will even get there?"

"Positive, he's been training with Evans, he's better than I remember. Chill Alijah, you'll get your revenge just as much as I will."

I sure hope so she needs to be brought down a peg or two.