A very happy sixteenth birthday to me

Carly

The last month had become a complete blur. I had college two days a week then I was heading off to camp for the last three of them in a minibus to continue what I had been doing all summer long helping the counsellor out and learning how to deal with teenage tantrums and other stuff they wanted to talk about. I wouldn't be allowed to professionally talk to them until I was in my second year, so I had to observe how the counsellor called them when they came to her with their problems, but I helped in other ways. I did all the paperwork and made sure the chancellor was available to talk to the teens who were here all year around because they couldn't be in school because they were either being bullied or harassed by the students or the teachers so there was a station set up for learning on sight.

It was finally half term and Adien's sixteenth was coming up. We had made plans to spend it together and go all the way. Something I wasn't sure he wanted before until we talked long and hard about it. I had been on the contraception a month ago so it would be settled down and I would be safe from getting pregnant though Adien had made it known he was going to use protection as well so we didn't get caught. We were both too young to have kids and we both wanted a career and a steady income before we even started thinking that far ahead.

Once the week was finally over the minibus was waiting Bulldog Jr and Kyler were there beside me to see me off. "We're going to miss you, Carls."

"I'll miss you both too."

We all hugged. "We'll be there for the hearing at the end of the week."

I nodded. I had tried to argue and tell them that Aiden would be me, but they insisted like they insisted on testifying, which could go in Liam's favour or against him.

"You will. You best both behave."

"Scouts honour." they said, saluting with two fingers.

"I doubt you two were eevencin the scouts."

They looked at each other and burst out laughing. "We weren't."

I smiled. "I'll see you at the hearing."

"You will and tsoe care of yourself."

"I will."

"And make sure that boyfriend of yours takes care of you too."

"I will."

I got into the minibus making my way to the back and sitting down. I waved to them as the mini bus pulled away, they waved back with smirks on their faces. I shook my head and grinned I was sure going to miss those pair of jokers.

I plunged my headphones into my ears and put some tunes on as I looked at the woodland fly by as I headed home.

Dad greeted me at the door and took my bag. "Your mom is correct ng supper so go up and freshen up."

I nodded and followed him inside shouting a quick hello to my mom and climbed the stairs grabbing some towns and fresh clothes before heading into the bathroom to freshen up and show before heading down for supper which was served as I sat down lasagne and jacket potato. After supper, I went back to my room asmi was too damn tired for a family night as Kaden wouldn't be there this holiday. I was all done until tomorrow.

After waking up and freshening up I dressed in my combats and black tee shirt and headed downstairs.

"Good Morning."

"Good morning, honey. I've made you some pancakes and fresh orange juice."

"Thanks mom."

She smiled, putting the plate down.