𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒

That night, [Y/N] walked into Wu's room, "Hey Sensei, you wanted to chat?" She began, and Wu nodded. [Y/N] sat down in front of him, a small candle being the only thing that illuminated the room. "I would like to speak to you about two things; the first is I wish to tell you what actually happened to the shadow scroll, and well, I must tell you the story first so that you understand," Wu went on.

Wu was still very against telling [Y/N] the truth, but he kept that in his head. If it weren't for agreeing to tell her the true story of what happened, who knows what position she would be in right now—possibly being an enemy to him and the ninjas. If the anger she felt lasted for any longer, it could endanger the ones she loved the most. The darkness would consume her, making her a completely different person. But would it be lying if he only left out a few details in the story?

"So tell me, what did Garmadon show you already?" Wu questioned, and [Y/N] sighed. "We were in a memory, I don't know whose, and at first, I was just standing in the Monastery hallway, and then, I heard a woman screaming, and it got closer, and closer until it was right in my ear, but I closed my eyes. I was too scared to—" [Y/N] gulped, "open them," she continued.

"Did Garmadon tell you who was screaming?" Wu asked, concern in his voice, and [Y/N] shook her head, "No," she replied. "Well then, carry on," Wu urged, and [Y/N] nodded. "And then I was all of a sudden surrounded by fire," Wu's eyes widened, "it was so real," she explained.

"And then I saw you destroying the scroll in the fire, and that was it." [Y/N] finished, and Wu sighed. "Alright then, thank you for telling me [Y/N]." Sensei Wu took a sip of tea. "The day I destroyed the scroll was the day I realized what dark potential the power had. I was young and made a reckless decision, but it is a decision I did not regret," Wu spoke. "Garmadon was very against the destruction of the scroll so he made a move before I could destroy it, reading it and learning the secrets of your element," Wu explained.

"So why did you destroy it?" [Y/N] interrogated, "I am getting there, patience [Y/N]," he said, and [Y/N] huffed impatiently. "Not only was it the day of my realization, it was the day you were born," Wu mentioned, and [Y/N] gasped. "I knew that you were destined to be the ninja of shadow the moment I saw you," he smiled, recalling back to the moment when he first met you.

This is when Wu began to lie, "Your mother, the one you inherited your elemental powers from, wanted you to train as my student, but hours after your birth, the darkness consumed her, causing her to become lost in the shadow forever." He lied. "Can I get her back? If my mother was lost, I can find her, right?" [Y/N] asked, her voice cracking, "No, you cannot," Wu sighed. He didn't want to lie, but it was for her own good, plus there was no way she could find out the truth this time, right?

"I tried to stop it, but the darkness in her was too great," Wu explained, "She loved you very much, [Y/N]." He soothed. "But I would never want what happened to your mother to happen to you; that is why I destroyed the scroll." He admitted, and [Y/N] bit her lip trying not to cry. Wu then hugged her; he truly did care for her, he had practically raised her. "But I will warn you, now that Garmadon has told you the secrets of your element, do not let the darkness consume you while you are in the shadow, or you will be lost forever in complete darkness like your mother for the rest of your life." Wu warned, and [Y/N] chuckled, a few tears streaming down her face, "Well, that's comforting, thanks a lot, sensei." She sniffed, wiping away her tears, laughing a bit, and Wu gave her a sympathetic look. "You are just like her," he referred to her mother, and [Y/N] smiled, "Thank you, Sensei." She spoke.

"Now it is late; you should get some sleep," Wu recommended, and [Y/N] nodded, leaving the room, and shutting the door. Wu looked down in guilt; part of the story he had told her was true, but it was full of white lies.

ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ 🩷
𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 
𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐘/𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓