Chapter 12

Enderloxs POV

I went to her room and put my shirt on. To be honest it's really hard when you have two massive wings in the way but I managed to put it on. I slipped out the window knowing that whoever was at the door had come in now.

I ran to the forest faster then anyone could go even with a speed potion. I made it in the forest that was near her house and I flew towards my home. Once I reached it I felt hungry. I didn't really eat last night but it was fun. I flew until I found where I left the cows cooked body. Honestly I don't like cooked foods anymore but at least it's something.

I did into the meat tasting not much blood. The meat was tasty as I ate the animal. Soon all that was left was a pile of bones. I really needed to have that meal. Now I don't have to bother with eating for another day or two. I picked up the pile of bones ad flew them to my tree. I land on the top branch and chuck the bones in the hollow in the tree pilling them up with all the other bones.

By the time night comes I am sitting on a tree at the border of the forest. I watch as
(y/n) heads off to work like she always would. Still can't believe she has to work on the weekends. I sigh thinking of my previous life. Mostly on the day before my disappearance...

-Flashback-

I put on my normal gear but a bit fancier then normal. Today was the day people the age of 14 who have been fighting will get something to remember this day. Today was the day my favourite 14 year old night guard (y/n) was getting something. She is really talented and is never late for a job. She will do anything without a trouble.

I headed out of my house and was greeted by many people. They gave cheers as I went in my butter armour, sword in its sheath. Soon I reached the stage and went back stage. I could see all the young guards lined up to get their sword. Everyone who is either a guard or someone who actually fights in wars for a year goes to this at least once. But today's for the young 14 to 15 year olds.

I hear my name called after Sky's and I step out onto the stage. Cheers are heard around the massive crowd gathered. I stop in the middle of the stage and silence the crowd. "Today, is once again the day where we give our brave young fighters something so they can remember how they fought at such a young age. Today we have some really talented ones lined up."

I begin going down the line, giving a short speech for each individual person, giving them a butter sword with a silver handle. Then I came to (y/n). She looked at me smiling slightly probably a bit nervous. Sky handed my her new sword. I had told the people who made these swords for this day to make this one extra special.

It was a normal butter blade with an iron handle. In the handle was a rounded off emerald shining in the light. "To (y/n), our best night guard we have. She may be young but she is an excellent fighter. So (y/n)." I say turning to her. "Take this sword and remember that you are one of us."

I hand her the sword and she immediately took it carefully out of my hands. She looked at it amazed. "Thanks Deadlox." She says to me and hugs me. I've gotten this many times before so I was used to it but this felt warmer then most others I got.

She pulled away and went off to her friend Alison showing each other their swords happily. "These are this years youngest guards and fighters who have served well and hopefully will do so in the future." The crowd cheers. I walk off the stage and I'm greeted by Sky.

"You like that night guard (y/n) don't you. She is your favourite isn't she?" Sky says.
"Yeah she's truly amazing." I sigh knowing I'm with Sky not her.

-End of flash back-

I must of fallen asleep because I saw that the moon had risen a bit higher then it was before. I look out of the forest from the tree I'm sitting in and I see someone. It's a girl around the age of 16. She is not in the forest so I won't attack her. I just need to watch her.

She walks around the edge of the forest not entering. I'm glad because I just ate and it would be a waste of food. Soon she heads back in the direction she came from. Then I see her sword.

Gold with an silver handle.