Chapter 18

Your POV

It has been a while since I had told Jason and Jerome that we should split up. I did it so I could go and find Enderlox in my hybrid form. I need to make sure he doesn't kill them or even one of them. I can't risk it but I know I already have.

If Jerome dies I know Mitch will feel pain and sadness over what happened. He and Jerome are best friends. And as I've heard they are dating. Mitch will probably start blaming me or even Sky. If Jason gets killed Sky will feel more pain and sadness knowing he has lost both of his closest friends. He will start blaming me telling me that I was supposed to protect him. I don't even want to think about what will happen if they both die.

I keep my feathery wings folded on my back as I walk around trying to find Enderlox. "Enderlox. Enderlox where are you?" I yell out hoping he would hear me even though I have been calling out for him for a while now. "Please come out. I'm not playing games today."

Nothing. No reply. I turn right and continue to walk. I continue to call out to him until I hear something. "Guys help!" Oh no. It's Jerome. He's got Jerome. Then I just realised. I had sent Jerome in the direction his home is at. The big tree. I spread my wings and fly in the direction of the tree. I need to get there and stop him.

I zoom through the forest and when I get closer I fly higher not wanting to be spotted yet. I looked at where Jerome is pinned to the tree by Enderlox who is leaning in to his neck ready to bite. I felt myself change hybrid type due to emotions. I felt a growl form in my throat.

I looked around quickly seeing Jason standing there in shock afraid of what's going on. I need to stop this. Taking my chance I dove down at Enderlox knocking him off Jerome. "Jason run. Run, take Jerome out of here!" I yelled and he didn't question me even though he probably didn't know it's me. He picked Jerome up and ran.

I saw Enderlox getting back off the ground from where I knocked him to. "What are you doing (y/n)?!"
"I won't let you hurt him." I say back spreading my wings defensively.
"I was about to have a good meal." He growled getting up. I looked behind me seeing that they are now further away. He spreads out his wings as if getting ready to fly away. "I'm going after them or at least getting the other person who is in here."

I stop him before he can go anywhere. "Please don't it's no use. It's because I'm the other person." He looks at me confused folding his wings up as I looked at my feat folding my wings also.
"Im sorry." I say sighing.

I feel hands on my shoulders and a calm voice filled my ears. "Why didn't you tell me about this?" I looked up at him. He sat down against his tree patting the spot next to him. I went over and sat beside him.
"I didn't know how. I was afraid on what you would say. I thought you would leave me thinking I was also a betrayer. I'm sorry, I should of told you."
"I wouldn't of left you. We could of worked this out together and I would never think you as a betrayer no matter what you do." He says calmly as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Why did you bring them here then?" He asks.
"Well, you remember that day when I came back from work a little bit later then normal. Well I said I was caught up by my boss but I was really just getting back from Sky Army. Sky had requested me at a meeting knowing that I'm the first to survive the forest. He then requested me to take to people in and Jason and Jerome volunteered. I had slept over there in your old room. I then came back in the morning." I finish explaining looking at Enderlox tears forming in my eyes. I felt disappointed in myself for not telling him.

"Oh (y/n) it's ok, I forgive you. You didn't know what to do." He says wiping my tears that fell.
"Also, when I came to see Jerome against the tree I saw that he didn't have his helmet on. Did you take it?" I ask remembering he had a helmet on before we entered.
"Yes I did." He says guiltily.
"Where is it?"
"Its in my tree." He says pointing up.

"So your tree is hollow is it? Is it comfy in there when you sleep?" I ask wanting to know if he sleeps in there.
"Yes my tree is hollow but it isn't that comfy. I sleep on branches most of the time. Much better then in there on.." He stops mid sentence as if afraid on what he's about to say.
"On what?" I ask.
"On, bones." He sighs.

"So that's why I don't see bones randomly scattered around the forest." I say laughing slightly.
"(Y/n) I did something that I don't know if you'll like or not." Felling confused I ask what he did.
"Well you know I'm planning my revenge on Sky. I told Jerome that if he got out alive to tell Sky that I declare war." He says trailing off at the last part rubbing the back of his neck.
"It's ok, I understand. But did you say when the war will be?"
"No I didn't. I will have to tell them soon somehow."

"You know I can go and tell him, but not straight away. I will have to find a way."
"Thank you. I love you (y/n)." He says kissing my cheek making me blush.
"I love you too Enderlox."

Another chapter. Wow you guys must really like this story almost 7k reads. Only two months ago I had 1k reads. This guys I amazing. And if I haven't already told you my first follower nathanmclaughlin39 is back online. Shoutout to him because he's amazing. Go give him some support on his Skylox story which I made the cover for.

School is back on Tuesday and this term I'm going to be concentrating on my grades. So I'm only going to be updating this once a week from now on. Think I'm going to do Sundays from now on.

It's almost my birthday in a few months. And 83 followers. That's amazing you guys.

How do you personally think about the fact you are going to war in the story? Not what I wrote but you really think. Well with that question vote, comment, follow me to join the flock today and keep on chirpin my birds. Byee :D