Chapter 17

Jerome's POV

I woke early up like any other day but today I knew was different. Jason, (y/n) and I are going into the haunted forest. One part of me is ready for going in to try and see what has been causing all the disappearances. But the other part of me is scared they I may die. I hope (y/n) helps us in there.

I get ready putting on my iron helmet just in case, for extra protection. I grab my axe Betty and head out the front where Jason and I were told to meet Sky. When I got there they were both waiting for me. "Well now that you are both here I would like to wish you luck. Go and get (y/n) from her job and then you can go in." Sky says.

Jason and I walked to the Dead Army base arriving by sunrise. We went over to (y/n) who waved at us. "You scared Jerome?" She giggles pointing to my helmet.
"No, I'm just wearing armour just in case." I say shyly. "Plus you have your own armour on."
"It's my uniform and I normally take it off after work, which I will do now." She walked over to a building, waving to a work mate who was just starting her shift.

She came back a few minutes later with no armour but her normal clothes. "There. Well we'd better get going if we want to do this." We nod and we start walking to the forest. She explains some more things along the way, hinting on what it will be like, but not saying what exactly lives in there. Jason and I were both trying to get her to tell us but she wasn't going to.

Soon we reached the border. "This is it." I heard Jason say under his breath, I swallow the lump in my throat looking into the dark forest. We stayed quiet not hearing any noise from inside. It was dead quiet. And that scared me.
"We should go in now and get this over with." I say bravely and step closer, then stepping inside.

We walk in for around half an hour in one direction. (Y/n) stops suddenly causing us to stop. "We should split up." She says calmly. I go to tell her she's crazy but then I realise she is the one who survived it in here. "I will go left, Jerome you continue straight and Jason go right." We nod and go our separate ways.

As I walk some more in the silent, dark forest, I look around looking at the trees and bushes and the ground looking for any danger. I stop and look more around. In front of me is probably the biggest tree in the forest. I place my ear on the trunk and tap it, hearing that it is hollow.

I look up and see that it looks easy to climb but I know that I didn't come here to climb trees. Something inside me tells me to run like danger is right behind me and something else tells me to climb the tree and see what's inside it. I ignore both of those thoughts and continue to walk around it.

I get to the other side and stop when I hear something. I look back at the tree trunk hearing that's where the noise came from. Then I realise something I hadn't before. On random spots on the ground are random patches of dried blood. My heart starts beating fast. I look back at the tree and I see something. A black snake like shape has slightly wrapped around the trunk. But as I looked at it I realised that it isn't a snake. It is a tail. No ordinary tail but a dragon tail with purple spikes.

This is perfect description of what Sky had told us about when Ty disappeared. He told us about a dragon like creature with a black tail and purple spikes. I grab my axe off my back and back up. I close my eyes and take deep breathes. Breathe Jerome. Breathe. I sound like one of those people who help you with your problems, telling myself that. I open my eyes and see the tail had disappeared. Was it all my imagination?

I heard leaves rustling around me causing me to grip my axe tighter. I heard something land behind me and I stiffened. I gulped and turned around. Standing there was someone who looked exactly like Ty but he had big black and purple dragon wings with a matching tail, scales, claws, a devilish grin showing a set of fangs and his eyes were not red but a glowing purple with slits for pupils. His clothes torn and covered in blood.

I started backing up as he stepped closer. He laughed as I couldn't go anymore and he pinned me against the tree. "Well hello, Jerome." He hissed sending shivers down my spine.
"H-How do you know my name?" I asked confused and scared.
"Oh, I know a lot of things. I know that you and Mitch are dating, you are scared of the dark, you don't like cooked fish, and many more." He laughs listing only a few things. How?

He stares at me with his dragon eyes that showed pure insanity. I knew there was only one thing I could do now. "Guys help." I yelled out causing the hybrid to laugh.
"So there are others are there? When I'm finished with you they'll be next. Also it seems you have brought me something. I love gifts you know? Don't get many now." He says taking my helmet off my head looking at it. He smiles and chucks the helmet in the air. As I watch it, it goes through an opening in the tree half way up and I listen as it clanks down on... wait, it sounded like it landed on, bones.

I gulp now knowing what he is going to do. He glares and growls at me as I try to lift my axe but I stop when pain erupts in my arms. I look at my arms to see that his claws have dug into my arms blood dripping out, slowly but getting faster and faster.

He smiles evilly at my pain and at the sight of my blood I guess. "Just to let you know, Jerome, that if you do get back to Sky alive I want you to tell him something. Tell him that Enderlox has declared war. But that is only if you survive which I doubt you will." He licks his lips smiling.
"W-War?" I stutter. "Who's Enderlox?"
"I'm Enderlox." He lets out a long growl. "Why am I being nice?" He leans in close to my face so close I can smell his breath which smells horrible and I can see how sharp each of his fangs are.

My vision starts to get blurry due to the blood loss. I see Jason out of the corner of my eye, shocked and scared. Enderlox doesn't see him though. Then another figure comes out. I can't see who this person is. All I know now is that the figure is fighting against Enderlox getting him off me. I feel arms lift me up and they run. Then I black out.

Hi guys, I'm back from the snow and I had the best time ever. I went skiing, tobogganing (absolute favourite thing) every morning since our cabin was right next to the toboggan park and had snow ball fights. It was so cool.

And I learnt that if you are given theoption to arty your ski boots and skis or wear them while carrying skis and snow shoes, wear. The snow boots, my feet hurt especially when we had to talk up and down hills.

Snow feels light fairy floss / cotton candy.

Well then what do you think of the chap...

Enderlox: my breath doesn't smell that bad *smells his breath* ok, but I wash my mouth out when I finish a meal

Me: hi there, enjoyed your week?

Enderlox: you heard what I was saying, please don't tell (y/n)

You: *enters room* tell me what?

Enderlox: nothing

You: ok *leaves room*

Me: I won't tell her

Enderlox: thank you, thank you, thank you

Well vote, comment, follow me to join the flock today and keep on chirpin my birds.

Enderlox: byee :D