Chapter 24

Your POV

It has been a few months since the war and we had won. I honestly didn't like watching Enderlox actually claiming his revenge on Sky. There was blood everywhere. The table, his clothes, his hands, his face and his fangs. There was just so much blood.

At the time he tried to get me to try human flesh and blood, but like every time before, I refused. I just couldn't bring myself to the thought of eating another human. To me, even being an ice dragon hybrid, I can't bring myself to do it.

We were walking down the hallway of the castle, which like he said before the war, we moved into. It was spacious and amazing but honestly, I'd rather live back in the forest. The world outside these castle walls after Sky fell, it's kayos. People aren't the same.

I looked up at Enderlox, my husband of one month ago, as we walked to the dinning room, his eyes glowing mysteriously. I loved them but sometimes they just showed pure insanity. Those were the times I just left him alone.
"Enderlox?" I asked getting his attention.
"Yes (y/n), what is it?" He replied calmly.
"I'm hungry." I reply.
"Well I've cooked you something tonight since I know you don't eat human." I suddenly knew he was hungry tonight. "I just don't get why you won't eat it. It's delicious and with some of the blood it's really tasty."

I sigh. "You know I don't like the idea of eating other people. You can't change my mind."
"And you aren't changing my mind either, ok?" He says sternly. I nod and we continue to walk. My tail dragged behind me since I didn't really need to keep my hybrid self hidden in a place like this, which Enderlox calls our home.

We reached the dining room and went in. I sat down at my seat where a plate of steak and potatoes were set out. I thanked Enderlox before I began slowly eating. I looked at Enderlox who smiled at me. I smiled back and continued eating.

"Mitch!" He called out. I heard rushed footsteps come up to the door and Mitch came in. Mitch and the others had to watch when Sky was being eaten. They didn't have a choice. Then they didn't get a choice after that whether to follow him or go in the dungeons for where Enderlox gets his meals. Some like Mitch and Seto have to work for him as slaves. While the other members of team crafted were put in the dungeon.

"Y-yes sir?" Mitch stuttered afraid.
"Give me the list." Enderlox demanded. The list was a list of numbers, cell numbers. Once a person from a cell was finished off their number was crossed off. Mitch hurried off to get the list and when he returned he shakily handed it over.

Enderlox studied it for awhile before he obviously found one. "How about number 73?" Enderlox asked Mitch pointing his claw on the piece of paper.
"Sorry b-but you had that one last time."
"Well someone didn't cross it off." He growled at Mitch. He studied it some more before once again, finding one. "Then how about cell number 278?"

"Yes that one has s-someone in it. D-do you want me to go g-get them?" Mitch stuttered. Mitch was basically the person who got Enderlox his meal from the dungeon.
"Yes."

With that Mitch walked off towards the door. That's when I snapped. I was not going to let this happen. I couldn't. That cell number was the one I visited whenever I got the chance. "No." I growled catching Enderloxs attention.
"What did you say?"
"I said no." I growled louder and stood up causing Mitch to stop walking. "I won't let you."

Enderlox stared me down and I could feel his anger rising. "I said before, you aren't changing my mind."
"I heard you before, just let me go get them. Please." I begged holding back tears.
"You know what, you go do that. But if you aren't up soon I'm coming down there."

I nodded and walked towards the door. Mitch looked at me with worry. I opened the door, went out and closed it right after. Once I was sure he couldn't hear me, I let the tears fall. Why did he have to choose that cell? The one cell I visited out of all of them and he chose it.