Chapter 29

Sky's POV

It has been around two months since the war had ended though it only lasted less than one day. When I came out to see what damage had been done on the battlefield, I was shocked. Bodies of my recruits lay everywhere, they either had claw marks or just eyes wide in shock. Enderlox did this. He is to blame for all this, but I know I am also to blame. I didn't come out and fight, I didn't help my recruits who suffered. But honestly, I was scared. I just couldn't move on that day as hard as I tried, I just couldn't.

Now I've been helping out in training, so if Enderlox does come back we'll be ready. So the training room I've been.

Right now I'm helping out some recruits with sword fighting. They slashed at the dummies that stood up straight. We were constantly making more because the recruits were getting better every day honestly. I watched as another recruit defeated a dummy. They smiled and I smiled when they all turned to me. "You are all getting better. Go take a break for the day, we'll be doing the same tomorrow." I announce to all of them and they put the swords away before running off with each other.

These recruits are about 14 and 15 so they are good for their ages. Another few years and they be able to join in battles we may come across. I went out of the room and began wandering finding something to do.

I'm shocked about how my army did in the war. We hadn't lost many, but the people who volunteered from dead army, most of them died. We lost more from dead army than from mine. I am sorry for all of the people in dead army who lost a friend or family member. This is why I am training my army to be better.

I wandered to Seto's room and knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Setos tired voice asked from inside the room.
"It's just me Seto." I replied.
"Oh Sky, come in."

I opened the door to his room that was filled with bookshelves lining the walls to the ceiling, desks with books open and pulled up on top of them, along with the occasional glass bottle. And mind you, his room was more like a library than a bedroom, thou he had another small room branching off this one where his bed is.

He was sitting at a desk flicking through a book quickly probably trying to find something. "Hey Sky, do you need anything?" He asks not looking up from his book.
I walk over. "No nothing really, just trying to find something to do." I say and try to read some words from his book but he is going through it too quickly. "What are you looking at?"

"Oh I'm trying to find if we actually have any information on ice dragon hybrids. Hint the word trying." He says and closes the book. "Another book with nothing." He mutters to himself.
"You really want to get research on that ice dragon hybrid don't you." I ask him as he open yet another book labeled 'mythical creatures'.
"Yes I do, I fact I think I saw it when the war was on. But yet again I hardly saw it. It was flying really fast." He says back and begins flicking through the book.

"Well that's some information you've gotten, it's really fast."
"Yes but that's all we've got. And I want to know exactly how fast it is so I can rank it with all the other flying hybrids." He states. Suddenly his eyes widen and he stops flicking through the book. He goes back a few pages and just stares at it.

I lean over so I can see what he's looking at. The page is titled 'The Endangered Ice Dragon Hybrid'. "Sky, listen to this. The ice dragon hybrid was once a common hybrid that lived in snowy and icy areas. People looked for these amazingly fast hybrids in knowing that they were worth thousands. Though when one group of people found them, they acted fast. Instead of the hybrids being calm as most thought, they attacked. The people fought back seeing how dangerous they are, killing most of the hybrids. Though some escaped and are now endangered. No one knows where those hybrids escaped to." Seto finished.