Chapter 32

One week later

Sky's POV

I have my sword by my side as Jason, Jerome, Seto and I made our way to the haunted forest. "Sky, why do we have to do this again?" Jerome asked braking the silence that was forming. I sighed, I've told him so many times now. He just doesn't get exactly who so I try to explain again.

"We are doing this because Enderlox has a wife. You know how dangerous he could be now. If he has a kid who knows what he'll teach it." I reply.
"So we are going to stop him basically before he can get a child?" Jason asked probably confused.

"In a way yes, you know parents raise their children to be like them and even better. Imagine that being Enderlox raising a child." Seto said. I couldn't imagine how in danger we would be, it's horrible to think of. The rest of the trip was silent making our way through the heavy snow to the forest.

Soon we reached the forest and walked in together side by side. We had our weapons at our sides ready for an attack by either Enderlox or what else that may lurk in this forest. It is dark in the haunted forest even though it was the middle of the afternoon but the snow lit the place up in a way but not too much.

And it's very quiet, almost too quiet. "Sky I really don't like it here." Jerome whispered from behind me and I could hear the fear in his voice. He's nearly never this afraid. "Last time I was here I was almost eaten."
"I know Jerome but..." I was cut off by a rustling of leaves in the distance then the beating of wings. "Oh no, he knows we're here." I say and reach for my sword.

In an instant I heard a scream from behind me and I whipped around to see Jerome with a large gash in his cheek, blood oozing out. "Jerome!" I yelled out. He fell backwards placing his hand in the wound to stop the blood flow. "What happened?"
"E-Enderlox." He stammered and his eyes widened. "Sky, watch out!"

I felt a gust of wind and I turned around just in time to see Enderlox dive down and snatch up Seto in his claws, flying out of sight, Seto's yells and cries of pain echoing through the forest. "Seto!" I yelled.
"S-sky, w-why did we have to come h-here again?" Jason stuttered in fright, holding his iron sword tightly.

"We are going to stop Enderlox remember. And all I know at the moment it that we lost Seto and Jerome is hurt. Also, I'm startled!" I whisper yelled.
"I am too." I look back at Jerome who is looking really weak and is trying the best he can to stop the blood flow.

A scream sounded around the dark forest close by that sounded much like Seto's. I gulped down the large lump in my throat trying to find where he could be. Just then Seto fell through the tress and landed with a crack in the snow in front of us. I rushed to his side and felt for a pulse. I sighed in relief when I found one.
"Sky, Sky, Sky, we meet again. This time in my home land." I hear Enderlox cackle from the trees. My head darts up finding him sitting on a tree branch with his tail flicking side to side.

"Enderlox, it's been a while." I spat.
"Twelve weeks to be exact. What brings you here knowing I will just kill you? I was just hunting and look what I found." He laughed jumping down from the branch, licking his lips, his fangs glistening in the little light there is.
"We've come to stop you, we know about you having a wife." Jason snapped and he growled.
"How do you know!?" He hissed in anger knocking me over and pinning me to the ground.

Shocked from the impact I dropped my sword instantly defenceless. "Honestly, Sky, I thought that would be tougher. But you just make it way too easy, don't you?" I tried getting out from under his grip but he had me pinned there. "What, you just going to run away like a coward, just like you did in the war?"

"N-no." I say. He looked behind himself behind his wing.
"You ok over there?" A female voice asks. Is that his wife who spoke? He looked over his wing.
"Yeah I'm fine, it's just Sky." He replied not getting off me and I continued to struggle.
"Come home soon, ok?" The voice asked politely.
"I will. Love you." He said and before he covered her up with his wing I saw that his wife, or whom I'm assuming is. An ice dragon hybrid. The ice dragon hybrid, then she just flew away.

Enderlox turned back to me digging his claws into my shoulders. I looked at my sides, breathing heavily in fear, seeing my blood drip into the white snow that covered the ground, tinting it red. "Now sky, I'm not actually going to kill you right now because of one reason. War, I'm declaring yet another war on you and your thing you call an army. Though this time make sure your there and make sure the Dead Army recruits that volunteer, wear a bright green headband over their helmets, ok? You have four months to get ready and prepare for battle." He spat in my face, literally.

He got off me and backed up grinning, then he let out a load roar. When he finished he spread his wings and flew off into the forest. I stumbled up and rushed over to where Seto lay still breathing but unconscious. I picked up my sword I dropped before hoisting the unconscious Seto up. I looked over to Jerome seeing Jason helping him, the bleeding having now stopped.

Jason looked at me in worry. "Sky, war! We are going to war again? We are still recovering from the last one, we can't do this!" Jason said helping Jerome up.
"I know but we have four months to prepare for battle. Jerome can you walk fine?" I asked.
"Yes I can biggums, do you need help carrying Seto?" He asked and I nodded.
"Thanks."

"Let's get back to base and get your wounds fixed before we tell the recruits. I hope you have an explanation planned for what your going to say. They'll be pretty shocked to hear the news." Jason said with no wounds or cuts whatsoever.
"Yeah I have something planned."

-time skip to base-

We got back to the base through the snow and were greeted by the guards. "Sir are you alright?" He asked.
"Yeah just some trouble we had in the haunted forest." I reply still holding up Seto with the help of Jerome.
"Is it Enderlox?" The other guard asked.
"Yes it is, can you open the gates?" The guard nodded and opened the gates.

We walked in, people yelling questions if we are alright and what happened. The nurse came up and took Seto when she saw him, to get him healed. They told Jerome and I to come but I can wait, it's only a few scratches.

Mitch rushed up to us through the crowd where we stopped and hugged Jerome. "Jerome are you alright? What happened to you?" Mitch said. Mitch is smaller than Jerome by a little bit like Ty was on me. I still really miss Ty, but now isn't a time for that.

They began chatting to each other walking into the crowd but not too far. I cleared my throat. "Everyone, if I could have your attention please." I called out silencing the crowd. "Thank you, so today Jerome, Seto, Jason and I went into the haunted forest." They gasped and began chatting a bit.

"So I have some news, when we were in there we came across Enderlox. He tried to kill me but then just stopped. He then told me that he once again declares war. So in four months we go to war against him. I know we are still trying to recover from the loss of the last war, but I promise you that I will fight this time."

It was quiet but they cheered. "I want some people to go to Dead Army to tell them of the news and tell them that Enderlox wants any volunteers from Dead Army to wear a bright green headband on their helmets. Don't question it, I myself am confused about that. Thanks for listening, you may go along with your day." I finish off.

I see some guards rush off to the stables to get their horses so they can go to Dead Army to tell the news. We need all the help we can get.

And the drama train has left the station. Toot toot. All aboard. So war again, how do you fell, upset? Confused? Mad? Happy? I'm feeling excited about this. So a chapter today and tomorrow. Can't wait.

I'm also going to try and have an all nighter. So if you want to chat feel free to. So I left the thing of you trying to guess my name because it really seems silly. So if you want me to continue it tell me to or not to. It's all up to you.

Vote, comment, follow me to joint the flock today and keep on chirpin my birds. Byee :D

Ps. If I don't reply straight away I'm either asleep, or talking to someone else at the time.