Chapter 30

Alison's POV (next day)

I got up before Enderlox or (y/n) grabbed and apple, got dressed in my uniform, grabbed my sword and headed off to work. The sun still hasn't risen yet so it was a bit cold but I was used to it. Well I'm warm because I'm a Feonix hybrid so that helps but without being a hybrid, I'm still used to the cold.

I arrive at the base to see the sun rising over the hills. I see people from the night shift leaving their posts and I take my place at my own where (y/n) would be on her night shift. The sun fully rises signalling my shift has begun.

I stand there for at least an hour before I see my boss coming over to me. He looked concerned which surprised me, he's never concerned. Then behind him I see Sky. Is our boss concerned because sky is here? I'd laugh if that's the reason. They approach me and just stand in front of me.

"Boss, are you ok?" I ask looking at him.
He glances back at Sky before looking back to me. "No not really. (Y/n) hasn't been here for nearly ten weeks."
"Yes I know that." I say trailing off at the end.
"We were thinking that since you two are close friends, you might know where she is." Sky says sternly. When did he get so harsh? Was it because of the war? Why does he need to know where she is?

"Yes I do know where she is. I actually came from her house this morning. Do you need her?" Their eyes widen when they hear that. My boss narrows his eyes at me.
"Where has she been! She knows not to be late for work. She better have a good reason for not being here for TEN WEEKS!" He yells at me and my eyes widen.
"Why would you yell at her. It's not her fault that (y/n)'s not here." Sky says to our boss.
"Sorry."

Sky sighs and turns to me again. "Is he always like this?" He asks me in a whisper. I just nod and he laughs a bit.
"(Y/n) actually does have a reason for not being here but she can't be here to actually tell you." I say to Keith (Decided to just call him that). He looks at me confused and crosses his arms.
"Well, what is it. And I don't want an excuse saying she went into the haunted forest again." He spat earning a glare from Sky.
I begin. "Well as you know she's engaged. But right now she's on maternity leave."

"Wait, maternity leave? You mean she's pregnant?" Keith asks. I just nod. "Well congratulations to her."
"So why do you need her anyway?" I ask Sky, leaning on my sword handle since I've had it out most of the time.
Sky looks at me and sighs. "Well I was wanting her back at a meeting back at Sky Army but since she's not here I will just have to hold the meeting off. Though if you see her can you tell her to come as soon as possible?"

"Sure. Well I've got to get back to work."

-2 weeks later-

Your POV

Today's the day, my wedding day. I have been awake for an hour and Enderlox had cooked me breakfast of bacon AND pancakes. Best breakfast ever. He even put freshly picked strawberries on top then served it to me in bed. I never get breakfast in bed, I guess today is just special. I remember when he surprised me with the strawberry bush.

-flashback 12 days ago-

I sat outside on one of the logs that sat around the fire pit. It was getting cooler outside but I love it. The cool breeze blowing through your hair as you run in the wind, or in my case fly. I was wanting to light the fire thinking that the cold might harm the baby. Plus Alison isn't here and Enderlox doesn't want me playing with fire.

I shake that thought out of my mind knowing that won't happen. I began fiddling with my pendant that I never take off.

Just then Enderlox walked around the corner, hands behind his back, a smile planted on his face. I looked at him curiously. "What's behind your back?" I ask. He takes his hand from behind his back and holds out a (f/c) tulip.
"For you, m'lady." He kindly says as I take the flower. It's beautiful.
"Thank you, why are you giving me this? Are you hiding something?" I ask.