Chapter 21

Your POV

Once we had finished our breakfast I had told Enderlox that there are tools in the cupboard in the hallway. We planned on building in the forest where it's on the border of his forest and the one next to it, in the centre. Just so he could still hunt and so we didn't exactly live in it.

He took a few axes and flew out the back door and I headed towards the base. As I walked there with my bracelet on I thought to myself. I honestly can't believe I'm getting married to him. He is the man of my dreams and my protector. He may kill but I know he does that for survival.

What will I tell my boss if he sees the ring? He'll probably want to see him. How will I tell Alison? She's my best friend and I don't want to keep it from her. She'll probably also want to meet him. I will have to introduce her at some point.

I reach the base and I see my boss talking to someone. Then I see who it is. It's Sky. How can I tell now? Now if Sky sees my ring he'll ask too. I'm scared now and I feel like I could turn and run. Before I could make up my mind my boss sees me.

"I will be right back." He says to Sky and comes over to me. "(Y/n) where were you last night? Let me guess, you forgot you had to work on the weekends again didn't you. You don't just forget that you have work. You are a guard of an army. You don't forget these types of things." He yelled at me. I've never been yelled at like this before. Never. To be honest I have never actually been yelled at.

I felt as if I was going to cry and he continued to yell. "You were never late when Deadlox was around were you. You were his favourite and everyone knows that. If he were here.." He was cut of by Sky as tears started to fall.
"Keith, stop yelling at her. You know how hard it is for her to lose her leader. Trust me I know how hard it is because he was my boyfriend. Please just stop yelling at her."

My boss just left me and I sank to the floor and cried. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Sky kneeling down in front of me. I didn't back away from him knowing he was the betrayer but I just sat there tears still flowing. "Hey it's ok, i know it's hard for you and trust me he would not stop talking about you. Even when we went out just the two of us there was always something about you he talked about."
"R-really?" I asked. Did he really like me that much?

"Yes now I'm going to talk to your boss ok." I just nodded as he left to go talk to my boss. But I didn't get up but I just sat there. No more tears fell but I still felt upset. I wanted to run to Enderlox and give him a hug not wanting to let go.

I looked around and saw Alison. She wasn't in her uniform. She saw me and her face changed to worry. She ran up to me and sat down next to me. "(Y/n) are you alright?"
I sniffed. "Y-yeah I'm alright."
"You don't look alright. I can see you have been crying. Why are you upset?" Her voice was full of worry.
"O-our boss saw me coming and he s-started yelling yelling at me because I didn't come to work last night. I didn't even get to explain why I wasn't at work last night." I stuttered.

She wrapped her arms around me, hugging me and I hugged back. Alison is a great friend. "You want me to go talk to him?"
"No, I think Sky is already doing that." I say motioning to where Sky is talking with our boss once we pulled away from the hug.

"So why weren't you at work last night then? You said you didn't get to explain." She asks.
"Well, our boss guessed my excuse was because I had forgotten that we worked on weekends. Though I had forgotten but it was because of something else." I look down at my ring then back at Alison. "Well you remember how I said I have a boyfriend right?"

She nodded. "Well, I'm engaged." I say showing her the ring. She smiles and hugs me again.
"(Y/n) that's amazing. He must be an amazing person for that to happen."
"He is really amazing and before you ask when you can meet him, I am going to say that you can't meet him right now. But I promise, you will meet him after the war ok."

"Ok, I can't wait to meet him." She says and gets up, helping me up. I see our boss looking at us, probably at Alison now. He comes over with Sky.
"Alison, why aren't you at work. I don't want the same excuse (y/n) gave me.." Once again he was cut off by Sky.
"Keith, I don't think (y/n) even gave an excuse. You just assumed that was the reason she didn't come." Sky said and turned to me. "Why weren't you at work last night?"

I took a deep breath knowing I shouldn't really say but it's my only option. "I got engaged." Both Sky and our boss looked at me wide eyed.
"You got... engaged?" Sky asks and I just nod. I don't think they believed me so I showed them the ring.
"So Alison, why aren't you at work then?" Our boss questions her.

"Well since we are going to war in a week, I thought that we could train." I knew by we she meant any guards that are willing to fight. Before Keith could say something against it Sky started speaking. "I think we could use all the help we can get especially since it is against those Enders."
"Ok you can. But if your killed and Deadlox does come back I'm not explaining." Keith said giving a glare to Sky.

Alison looked relieved that she could fight. "Thank you. (Y/n) are you going to come train with me?" She asks and I'm given the puppy dog eyes.
"Sorry Alison. But I think my fiancé is waiting for me." She just nods understanding. I would normally say yes but Enderlox will be needing me.

I begin to walk away from the base when our boss yells back to me. "Don't forget to come to work tonight." I nod and begin running towards the forest. That was an exhausting trip.

Hi guys the only things I need to say for this chapter is that I have entered this book in the Wattys2015. Yes, an Enderlox x Reader book in the wattys. I think its the first but if not this is going to be fun. I've never done this since I joined in October last year. I don't care if I don't win because its all fun. But if I do win an award I will probably freak out and go speechless.

So if you want to support this book in getting an award vote for it with whatever you need to do (idk what you need to do to vote for it). that's all I have to say so vote, comment, follow me to join the flock today and keep on chirpin my birds. Byee :D

And also #BLAMESORO ,sorry not sorry SoroMC :D (let's make it trend).

And just before I end it I would like to ask something that has been bothering me for a while now. Does anyone know why exactly Sky and Deadlox don't record with each other anymore? I just don't get why they aren't anymore, yes I know Sky's going to be a father and is getting married, but why? (You don't have to know the real reason)

Byee