Chapter 870 Foolishness, numbness and judgment

Eternal Era January 1, 1073, the first day of the New Year.

    North of the Segways continent, the Mania Highlands, where the eternal holy city of Mania is located, also welcomed the first snowfall of winter.

    The sky was gray, goose feather-like snowflakes falling, cloudy and cold.

    But today's city of Mania is particularly noisy.

    The most central part of the city, the Holy Square.

    The giant square, which covers more than two million square meters, is located at the intersection of the Eternal Sanctuary, the Imperial Palace and the Grey Castle Parliament Building, and has long been covered by crowds.

    The cold and ruthless judgment knights and the large city guard guards maintained order on the scene, brutally isolating curious civilians from the center of the square, where a huge high platform had been erected.

    The high platform is divided into three areas, with seats and gorgeous umbrella covers, and even a magic array that regulates the temperature.

    This is where the clergy of the church and the rulers of the empire are.

    Of the three regions, the most central is the Holy See of the Eternal Pope, symbolizing theocracy over the king's power.

    On the right is the royal family, sitting the empire's successor, Princess Teresa, 14, and other royal clansmen, including some former royal families who once elected imperial emperors.

    Bishop Winster, the regent, was also among them.

    The bishop of the capital was also a member of the current royal family of Tres before becoming a monk.

    On the left, the Elector and Noble Speaker, Duke of Correns, and other great aristocrats and archbishops who participated in the operation of the imperial center.

    These are the most powerful people in the whole Holy Mania Empire, and at the same time, the most powerful people in the whole continent.

    Benedict II, the current Pope of the Eternal Church, is a kind old man.

    His white hair, his back, and his magnificent and solemn robe made him look sacred and majestic.

    He was very old, and the rickety body under his broad robe gave the illusion that he would fall with the wind at any time.

    But no one dares to underestimate the weak-looking pope.

    Although he is nearly 300 years old and close to the limit of human legendary life, as a true god's family, a strong man who can summon divine power and perform divine subjugation, even a demigod will respect him a little.

    Benedict II is also the longest-serving pope in the history of the Eternal Church, and is now in his 83rd year in charge of the Holy See.

    Under the high platform, the citizens looked curiously at the powerful above.

    These archbishops and great aristocrats, who rule the church and empire, have long been household names, but they have seen it for the first time for most ordinary people.

    Especially under the papal crown, which only appears at the time of huge celebrations, and Princess Teresa, who was recently officially established as the heir to the empire in a daze.

    This powdered jade girl just 14 years old, blond blue pupil, like other noble girls, noble and beautiful, has faintly seen that after growing up is absolutely a beautiful woman.