Chapter 902 Recorders of History

As time goes by, the defenses of the Chosen City are becoming more and more solid and perfect under the construction of the players.

  Finally, more than half a month after the Eternal Church's army entered the Elf Forest, the Trial Corps Pioneers finally arrived at the core of the World Tree.

  It's August, and the whole Segway continent has the hottest day of the year.

  Above the sky, the golden sun shines brightly, scorching the earth.

  That is, the Elf Forest has a mild climate, rare to retain a touch of warmth, not as hot as the rest of the continent.

  And in the depths of the forest, between the mountains, a towering giant tree rises to the sky.

  His branches are surrounded by clouds, the canopy covers the sky, lush, far away can even see a small fly-headed dragon flying around him, faintly the dragon roaring.

  Looking at such a magnificent tree, no matter who, will have a sense of self-insignificance.

  "That's the tree of the world ? The body under the crown of Eve Yuktrahir, the goddess of life.

  In the army of the Eternal Church, an old mage in a gray robe looked at the towering tree and sighed with emotion.

  It's just that there's no one around him.

  All the judgment knights remained deadpan, lined up neatly, and marched along the road.

  See, the old mage shrugged, also no longer beg for fun, but took out a roll of parchment from the bosom, spread out to write :

  "On August 10th of the Eternal Age, following the Legion of the Church, I finally met the legendary tree of the world..."

  "She is so grand, so grand, even from a distance, I can feel a kind of life shock and natural wonder..."

  "It's a pity... ...that the position is different, and I don't know where she will go after this war, and where the Elf Forest will go..."

  The old mage recorded and sighed.

  But after he had finished writing this sentence, he thought about it, erased the last few words and rewritten :

  "It's a pity... ...that the song will always sing for the victors, and after this war, where the history of the Segways continent will go, no one can now give an answer..."

  "And I am just a witness to this history."

  After writing, the old master looked at his writing and nodded secretly, as if he were quite satisfied with the writing of this edition.

  And at this time, a high-ranking bishop of the Eternal Church came to him.

  He looked up and down at the old mage, sinking his voice :

  "His Excellency Overnum, the Pope has decreed that the army is coming under the tree of the world, and that war may break out at any moment. For Your Excellency's safety, please do not cross the battlefield without permission, and stay with the Episcopal Church."

  " don't i need to go to war?"

  The old mage shrugged and asked.

  The high bishop gave him a look :

  "No, your job is to record everything you see."

  "You have compiled the history of the empire, a well-known historian of the empire, and a former adviser to the imperial court, and I believe no one in the world is better suited to this job than you."

  But, after listening to the words of the high bishop, the old mage sighed :

  "Empire ? There is no empire in this world, there is only a republic called Mania, and I am no longer a court adviser to any empire."

  "But even so, you are still the most well-known historian in the entire Segway world, and as a man who has touched legends almost by studying and understanding history, you are almost the representative of history in the Segway world... for us." There's no one better suited to do this than you."

  said the high bishop.

  "Are you sure ? I'm not an Eternal Believer, no, I think you should know that I even hate the Eternal Church, or I wouldn't be locked up in the Doloria Castle prison..."

  The old mage rolled his eyes and said indifferently.

  And he shook his head again :

  "No, perhaps, I now regret agreeing to your offer of service in exchange for a chance to get out of prison. Otherwise, maybe I'm a witness to the Revolution in Mania, sitting in Mania's palace drinking coffee with the revolutionaries ! Hey, what a shame, missed the chance to burn down the Eternal Church with your own hands..." read more

  Hearing the blasphemy between the old mage's words, the high bishop looked a little darker :

  "Mr. Ovnum, take note of your words ! The majesty of the true God is not to be profaned, and I do not wish to hear you say anything like it, but you only record the course of this war in the file handed to you impartially and impartially. "

  " fair and impartial?"

  The old mage asked in a voice.

  The expression, the tone, seemed to have a little irony.

  "Of course, fair and impartial."

  Said the high-ranking bishop deadpan.

  " even if the church ends up being a loser?"

  The old mage added, quite provocative.

  The high-ranking bishop looked at him, as if not stirred up in the slightest :

  "Sir Ofnum, rest assured that my Lord... ...will not fail."

  "But what if ? Like the Holy Mania Empire, a year ago, who would have thought, just a year later, the whole empire collapsed ? No... ...more accurately, before the Mania Revolution, who would have thought that the whole empire would fall overnight?

  The old mage seems to be fighting each other.

  The high bishop gave him a deep look and said :

  "The empire is the empire, the church is the church, you just follow the real history enough, the rest, you do not need to care."

  "Hehe, you're confident..."

  The old mage laughs.

  And with that, he shook his head :

  "It's just that nothing can be absolutely sure, even the true god, so... you'd better not be too optimistic."

  "Like the great Church of Eve and His Life, eight years ago, who could have imagined that a church that had just emerged would develop into a rivalry to the Eternal Church, or even an imperial existence?"

  The old mage showed his feelings and did not conceal his affection and respect for Eve, the goddess of life.

  However, the high-ranking bishops did not take his words again.

  He just took a deep look at the old mage and turned away.

  Old mage Ofnum, on the other hand, seemed boring to his reaction.

  With a gentle shake of his head, he retracted his sight.

  Looked at the parchment paper in his hand, touched the material, and closed the file... The old master looked at the complex lines above, a face of curiosity.