Crashing a Stolen Vehicle

... POV

Come to think of it, he should have been more suspicious after he ordered a cheeseburger and fries at a donut shop and they agreed with no hesitation. It was a shame; the food was actually pretty good. "Oh well." He lamented at his stupidity as he watched the place burn down, eating his fries.

It was a counterproductive move, it was a lot harder to see a rainbow in the air if it was filled with smoke, but it was worth the effort to get rid of this place. Besides, he doubted she would make it that easy anyway.

See, Iris was a messenger god, one of the only ones still remaining outside Olympus, because her service was almost vital to demigod life. Or at least that was what his mentor told him. That was why he had to find her.

She was the only one that could get a message directly to a god, without interruption or delay, she was the one person that he had access to that could spread a message fast enough to keep everyone safe and informed about the rising dangers.

Problem was, she knew that, and so did the enemies. She had been masking herself with the mist for weeks, and her rainbows came and went so fast they were almost impossible to track. By the time you got to the end of one, she was gone.

That was if you were lucky enough to find one big enough to follow, it was nothing but bad weather recently, the chances of sunshine following rain was low. He was too short on cash to make his own, not that she accepted calls anyway. It's real strange to see an Iris message go to voicemail.

On top of all that, whatever was happening to the monsters was getting worse, he was sure the gods would have noticed by now, but they wouldn't know the full extent, or how much danger that truly meant they were in, if his hunch was correct, the gods were about to have a lot more to fear then your average monsters.

Oh my gods, he's such an idiot, he should have searched the donut shop for the coins he needed to contact her, he was sure they would have at least carried some, they usually did, it was like, the law of monster dens or something. Sighing, he realised it was too little too late.

As he watched the monster donut shop burn down, he realised it was the perfect example of the threat they were facing, hidden in plain sight all this time, luring you in with a false sense of security only to swallow you whole. Biding it's time to strike.

He still got that same feeling when he looked at it, it was like a stench was invading his nose, and it wasn't just the smell of smoke and burning processed food, it made him sick. It made him angry, like every time he heard that name.

(Y/N) (L/N). Whenever he hard that name, he felt like he was missing something, everyone else around him seemed to be in on a big secret that he apparently wasn't cool enough to be told, it was frustrating, it felt like some information he should know, but couldn't.

He knew the name, he knew it was a lie out of the figure's mouth, but couldn't place it. It was two familiar feelings that were overcoming him whenever he was close to making a breakthrough.

The recognition, however small, reminded him of that moment you see someone across the street that you know you recognize, but can't quite place. So you either try to avoid them, or acknowledge them in a little way so they don't interact with you.

The second feeling was harder to sum up in one word, it was like he understood that he should know that name, but not where from, and it was always on the tip of his tongue, like walking into a room and forgetting why you came into the room for the moment you enter.

But it wasn't like he was forgetting exactly, more like something was pushing him away from understanding something obvious. These two feelings had made him feel angry about the fact '(Y/N) (L/N)' was lying to him.