The Statue Ruins Our Fun

(Y/N)'s POV

The dream he had the night before the Greeks arrived at New Rome on their warship was not a sign of good things to come. But it did give him hope. At the time, he didn't know Nico Di Angelo was missing. So he thought Morpheus was just having some fun.

It was dark, that was (Y/N)'s first tip off that it was a dream, but at the time, he ignored it, still only concerned with pressing forward into what he believed to be a monster den. He held Gleam and Glimmer beside him, they illuminated the way.

In the dream, he didn't know where he was or how he got there, he looked around and felt like he was in a football stadium. A large dome covered in what he mistook to be moss in the darkness.

He walked forward, eyes scanning around the room, it looked empty, save for a huge domed mass in the center. "That better not be an egg." He thought, but as he approached, his fear was quashed.

He didn't know many things that were born from bronze jars. He raised his sword, trying to find any markings on it, or any clue as to what it was, that's what Annabeth would have done. But as he did, he heard something shuffle around inside.

"Oh by the gods it's an egg!" He screeched, retreating backwards and waiting for the distinctive cracks to form in it. But what he heard instead worried him more. A voice called out, a voice he recognized.

"(Y/N)?" said the quiet voice of Nico Di Angelo. Chills instantly ran down (Y/N)'s body. "Nico?" He said in shock, "Are you real?" His friend and protegee said, (Y/N) nodded, then realized that was stupid and said "Yes."

He found it equally amusing and upsetting that Morpheus would twist his dream like this. That Nico Di Angelo of all people, would get trapped in something, maybe it was a bronze jar because anything else would be too on the nose. Still, he and Morpheus were going to have words after (Y/N) awoke.

"Don't you worry little buddy; I'll get you out of there." Flames emerged from his hands as he pressed them into the bronze, "I'll just melt you an exit, give me a few minutes-" "No" Nico said, "-Oh, right, that might make it pretty hot in there huh? Well, I'll just shadow travel in there and-"

"No, run!" Nico said weakly, coughing. "Trap, it's a tra-" 'BONG!' (Y/N)'s face was slammed into the bronze so hard he half expected to see a cartoonish imprint of his face on it. As he saw stars, (Y/N) fell backwards.

He looked up at his enemies, two of them, monsters that could have been mistaken for men, apart from the fact they were twelve feet tall, a respectable height for a cyclops, but both of them had two eyes.

He didn't have much more time to guess their species though. Training took over, (Y/N) rolled out of his position fast enough to avoid the foot of one of the monsters crushing his head like a grape. From the roll, he sprang upwards, away from the two men. His head was still spinning.

He felt the blood running down his lips and wiped his nose on the back of his hand feeling the familiar pain, and the normal 'crunch' "Aww man, I was doing so good up until now." He thought, glaring at the two monsters, who were unmistakably twin brothers.

They both looked somewhat human. One had long green hair is braided with golden and silver coins. A ten-foot spear strapped to his back. The other had long purple hair braided the same way, with an equally deadly looking ten-foot spear strapped to his back.

The two were almost identical, the only difference being their hair color. (Y/N) tried to study them, looking for anything he could use to his advantage, but found nothing, they pulled their spears from their backs. Crossing them in an X between him and Nico.

(Y/N) snorted blood from his nose to clear it, then spoke. "That wasn't very nice, but you're right, I shouldn't touch what isn't mine. But listen dumb and dumber. Let my friend go, and I'll give you a pass."