Giving Berth and Getting Schist Done

(Y/N)'s POV

The moment Frank took Hazel by the arms, and her whole body seemed to calm down, her muscles went from being entirely rigid like a corpse, to sort of slack, like a fresher corpse. Which (Y/N) was sure must have been a good thing.

(Y/N) tried again to make a connection with her, this time trying to use no symbols that might muddy the waters, and wrote the sign for the legion in the air. With that, he was able to call on the strength of the legion to help him in an endeavor, which sounds a lot more powerful than it was.

This wasn't as simple as marking someone for the day they die, that's as simple as drawing a symbol on them and expecting the judges to handle the rest. No, this was trying to search among the dead for any legionnaires that could make the connection easier, maybe one that knew Hazel or something.

After a moment, the shadow that (Y/N) drew with his fingers bloomed with power, thank the gods someone had found it. Finally some headway, he pushed it towards Hazel, despite Frank's protest, and was able to make a connection with the daughter of Pluto.

It took a turn after that, pushing him into a spiral of darkness, once that had consumed him in a sort of vortex. Like he was in the eye of the storm, he tried to get him bearings. Easier said than done when you're in someone else's memory.

Stepping out of the darkness, he found himself surrounded by a mix of shrubbery and black volcanic rock. Which while it did throw him off a little, also meant that (Y/N) had managed to get into Hazel's head.

"Thank you cousin Até." He mumbled as slowly but surely everything became clearer, he began to see more of the dream around him, or should he say memory? The vision around him shuddered like it realised there was an intruder, or maybe it was Frank shaking Hazel, who knows?

He could feel it, even in the dream, that this place was a powerful place for Gaea, and he could feel her son growing in power. He suddenly remembered his fight against the sirens years ago and hoped he wouldn't have to go through it again.

The dark thoughts almost took him, maybe it was the fact Hazel was dreaming of Gaea, but something about the earth goddess reached out to him, again making him doubt trying to wake Hazel at all. Forcing him to remember bad memories of is own.

That of course meant that was exactly what he'd do, so he pushed the thoughts of his unknown fate aside, reminding himself that he knew his future this time thanks. No matter what happened, he was going to end up in New Rome with Annabeth, He was certain of it.

He felt his body change, get lighter, weightless even, and in a moment of worry, he looked down to see that his body wasn't his own, he stood in a stocky, short soldiers body, it was slightly bulkier than he was used to.

He knew it was a soldiers body, because of the roman garb and armor it wore. He was on an island, around him where several spirits, all of them walked around aimlessly, (Y/N) tried to look around, and finally, saw a familiar face.

Hazel walked up to him for a moment, she looked like she was around the same age. The only noticeable difference was that she looked like she was walking to the gallows, clammy and uncertain in her steps.

"Hazel!" He called out, trying to stop her, the girl paused for a moment and looked back, but before he could try and pull her out of the memory, she walked away. He felt himself start to get pulled back.

Gaea apparently didn't take well to messing with people's heads when she wasn't the one doing it, "She is mine..." The sleeping goddess spoke, (Y/N) disagreed, and though he would sure it would mean very little, called out to Hazel, "She can't take you, she won't!" He promised.