Meeting Echoes of The Past

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N) told the others he was taking a nap, and while that was the original plan, it was far from fruitful, not that he got much time to focus on that endeavour, a few minutes later Annabeth entered his room to say goodbye.

He lifted his head up from his pillow and said, "Are you sure I can't come with? Staying here seems boring." "Taking four demigods is a pretty big risk already. Plus someone needs to watch Hedge" She reasoned.

"Why does that someone have to be me?" He groaned, "Well, I don't mean to shock you (Y/N), but Hazel and Leo are both pretty reluctant to team up with you now, you need time to cool off." 

He sighed as he got up and hugged her, whispering "You could always stay here, I'd cool off faster." "Sounds tempting. But we really have to get moving. Sorry." Annabeth kissed him on the cheek and walked away.

"This sucks." He pouted and resigned himself to flopping onto his bed. Content to sleep until her return. Although for one reason or another, he could never find the peaceful sleep he desperately craved. 

He was interrupted the moment his mind drifted, there was a worry still fresh in his mind that occupied his dreams. Just like his last, he found himself drifting into a place he did not recognise, his voice calling out, "Nico." This time his eyes scanning for any threats.

He was ready for the two brothers now, he could defeat them and save his friend, he was certain of it. No surprises and no mistakes, Nico needed his help, that was all that mattered. Except- 'CRASH!'

However his dream would have turned out was lost to him, when 'SLAM!' The sound of his bedroom door almost being kicked off it's hinges and sending Annabeth's no doubt alphabetized mountain of books everywhere.

In less than two seconds, (Y/N) had launched himself up from his sleeping position, having one hand on his sword still sheathed beside his bed, and his dagger in his hand from under his pillow.

"What's this I heard about two campers sharing a room!" Came the gruff voice of Gleeson Hedge, and while (Y/N) definitely had the urge to throw his dagger and skewer the goat so he could continue his nap, he ignored the impulse. Though his mood was not improved for it.

"What are you talking about?" He said groggily, his bleary eyes still recovering from being woken up. "I will have no such thing happening on my ship-" "It's Leo's ship-" "-Chiron trusted me to keep you cupcakes safe, and that's what I'll do. Even from each other" 

It was at this point (Y/N) figured out the coach wasn't really listening to him, so he just said, "Sounds dope dude, you do that...anyway, I'm pretty tired and burnt so I'm gonna take a nap if you could just...y'know, leave."

"Not so fast ghost boy-" "Don't call me that-" "-I have a bone to pick with you!" "-This is my own private domicile and I will not-" He was cut off when the coach raised that baseball bat to (Y/N)'s head.

"I warned you." The goat man said simply. "I'm their protector." He swung the bat fiercely "You lay a hand on another one of these kids without my say-so and I'm gonna intimately introduce you to the ground. The coach insisted, while still trying to hit (Y/N) with the bat.

After getting fed up of dancing around his room from the raving loon of a goat, (Y/N) countered striking out with his dagger to chop the bat in half, only in a moment of uncommon precision, Hedge stopped his swing, (Y/N) hit nothing but air, and the goat man charged him.

The horned menace hit (Y/N) in the chest, (Y/N) was thrown backwards into his wall, falling in a heap on his bed. "Nobody hurts my kids but me!" "You wanna rephrase that maybe?" (Y/N) offered.