Two Unstoppable Forces Finally Meet

Piper's POV

The Argo II was only a few hundred yards from the columns now. "Need an answer," Leo said urgently. "I can turn, or we can take off. The stabilizers are working again. But I need to know quick-"

"We have to keep going," Annabeth said. "I think he's guarding these straits. If that's really Hercules, sailing or flying away wouldn't do any good. He'll want to talk to us."

"Talking is far behind us." Zoe said. "I will go down there, come between the relationship his head has with his shoulders, and then we shall be on our way." Piper looked at the normally calm and composed Zoe.

She was scared to death to see the look on the girls face. Piper resisted the urge to use charmspeak. She wanted to yell at Leo: Fly! Get us out of here! Unfortunately, she had a feeling that Annabeth was right. If they wanted to pass into the Mediterranean, they couldn't avoid this meeting.

"Won't Hercules be on our side?" she asked hopefully. "I mean...he's one of us, right?" "Not once I get my hands on him." Zoe murmured, murderous rage plastered on her face. As (Y/N) looked at the god on shore, he offered a proposal to the rest of his crew.

"I say we all jump him." "I'm up for it." Percy said, "So am I, who are we killing?" Hedge said. "I'll go get my bat." "Great," Percy said. "Nine demigods against Hercules." "And a satyr!" Hedge added. "We can take him."

"I've got a better idea," Annabeth said. "We send ambassadors ashore. A small group-one or two at most. Try to talk with him." "TALK WITH HIM. TALK!" Zoe roared. "The only thing I want to hear that man say to me are his last words!"

Annabeth turned to Zoe. Her expression softening, "Zoe, please. We need to talk to him first." She said calmly. "No. I have searched for this for years, longer than any of you have been alive, you don't understand! You cannot understand the depths of hatred I have for that man."

"All these years!" She shouted, "I have dreamed of one thing, I have worked towards one thing, now it is within my grasp, I will not let any of you get in the way of that. He dies today. Now!" Zoe took a step past Annabeth, as if she was going to jump ship and swim towards her enemy.

It was Percy that stopped her, "Zoe, she's right." He said quietly. Taking her hand, she seemed to calm down, tears brimming her eyes, "I have to." She said brokenly, "I have to know why." He pulled her into a hug.

Annabeth and (Y/N) both joined them, enveloping Zoe in a hug as she fought back tears, "You will." (Y/N) said. "We're with you. To the end. We can face him, together." Percy promised. Piper and the others were a little confused.

"What's going on? Did I miss something?" Leo said bluntly. They all turned to glare at him, save for Zoe herself, who laughed. But not the demented one from before, her normal laugh, one Piper had heard before. "Nothing Leo."

"I shall go to shore and speak with Heracles. Who wishes to join me?" "I'll go with you." Percy offered, but Zoe shook her head, "No, seeing you next to him, I'm afraid it will cause me to act rashly. It will remind me of his torment."

"That man only respects the strength of others. For this fact alone, (Y/N) should accompany whoever is to meet him." "I mean, if you insist, but I won't promise I can keep my cool either. My body's already telling me that we should be pulling him apart by now."

"I'll go too," Jason said. "He's a son of Zeus. I'm the son of Jupiter. Maybe he'll be friendly to me." "Or maybe he'll hate you," Percy suggested. "Half brothers don't always get along."

Jason scowled. "Thank you, Mr. Optimism." "It's worth a shot," Annabeth said. "At least Jason and Hercules have something in common. And we need our best diplomat. Somebody who's good with words."