Teaching A Giant Oral Hygiene

(Y/N)'s POV

As they sat in the car, he began to feel worse, every turn of the wheel, every inch closer to the peak of Mount Diablo was a struggle for him, he didn't say a word for the whole ride. He felt like he was about to fall asleep in the car.

When his eyelids finally drooped, it was to a voice, telling him to sleep, he felt like he was having an out of body experience, his view climbed the mountain faster than a cabbie ever could, and he felt himself at the peak, where she waited for him, waited to claim the rest of him.

Over ridges, past staggering rocks, and through the earth. his mind burrowed, until he came to her, she seemed to find his eyes immediately, "You know what you must do." The witch said. Suddenly (Y/N) stood at the peak of the mountain.

"Claim it, free yourself from his shadow." Whispered a tired voice, Gaea stared up at him as he looked on in horror at the scene before him. He saw himself, his golden weapons stained with blood, surrounding him were four figures. "This is your last chance."

Gaea repeated her words from one of his recent nightmares, "So much pain to come, so much death, you cannot stop it, regardless of how your fate should twist and turn, killing them now, is a mercy, make it quick, make it painless. Take your name back, take your revenge."

That thought repeated in his head with every bump in the car's ride, every turn of the steering wheel, or rock kicked up by the tires, "Make it quick, make it painless." And again, he saw it, the scene from that same nightmare. This time so much more real, more vivid.

His friends were all on the floor, injured, bleeding, and he was the one that put them there, it was their blood on his weapons, their eyes that looked up at him as if to ask why he betrayed them.

That same feeling overtook his body, the one he had when he faced the harpies, like his body had moved without permission. He had stabbed them all in the back, he heard thunderous laughter in the distance.

Gaea spoke again, "You will be gone soon, without my power, without my strength, you will fade into nothing but memory." His heart spiked with fear, he didn't want that to happen, he was (Y/N) too, he didn't make the stupid deal, why should he suffer for mistakes he never made?

He was tempted, that was true, even in the real world, he felt his hand reach for the Kukri at his side. He wasn't meant to be here, he wasn't meant to do this, he had done what they asked. So why should he help now? After all, who would really care?

What spoke to him used the voice of the witch, but he could tell it was Gaea herself. Trying to sway him to her side at the final moment to secure her victory, and it was tempting, maybe because of magic, maybe because of (Y/N)'s weakness.

His heart felt heavy, his whole body felt heavy, like he had been fighting for hours, and her voice was the promise of release. "What deal did I make?" He found himself asking, and even from a dream, he felt the earth mother's lips curl into a smile.

"The past does not matter (Y/N), he does not matter any more. He is gone, you are what remains, the spoils of war could be yours. What do you wish for?" She asked it so sweetly, (Y/N) couldn't help but wonder.

What did he want? Why was he here? Doing this. It must have been for something, but he couldn't remember what it was. His purpose? His cause? Again, his wish found him, before the thought had even made it's way to his mind it tumbled out of his mouth.

"Mom..." Flashes of his mom's smile filled his mind, the kindness of her voice, the light in her eyes, and the feeling of her embrace. His first thought was to ask for what he had always wanted, what he had asked for since the beginning. His mom back.