Commissioning a Magic Peacock

(Y/N)'s POV

In the moment that the two came crashing together into one, (Y/N) felt like he had woken up from a long, comfortable dream, like up until now, he was a passenger in his own life. Sure there were some parts he could interact with, but he never felt here.

He was torn in two, never fully awake, yet always aware, once the two had collected themselves and come back together, he finally felt like he was alive again, part of him loved it, another despised it, for the short amount of time he had.

He expected this, in fact he had planned for it, timing it down to the second so that he would be the last person standing once Hera was free from her cage. The spirits and ghosts that chased him disappearing in light.

He didn't expect this. In his 'high' of coming back, as power rushed into him, he overestimated himself. That was the main problem, he had seen gods go into their true forms before, in fact several gods had tried to kill him with them in the past, but this was far from what he expected.

He had flown through the sun once, of course he was being protected by Hemera at the time. That was the only thing comparable to this. The feeling of every cell in his body being scorched.

His eyes burned like someone had doused them with lava, the light emanating from the goddess was so bright, (Y/N) couldn't truly fathom it. He wasn't sure his body could cope with the magnitude of what was before him, he had been staring at the eye of the storm when it happened.

His mind traced back to a fact he learned in science when he was very young, a fact that had always fascinated him, the theory that time may slow near a black hole. Inside one, it may halt entirely.

This moment was the same for him, the final shout of defiance that he let out was still tugging on his lips as the power hit him. Passing through him and leaving his body damaged. It couldn't withstand this.

His soul however, could do just that, even though his body burned and his mind almost shattered, his soul had been tempered by his time in the Styx, frozen and bound with power, unchanging and just as powerful as a supernova.

He should have burned up. He should have been turned to nothing like a raindrop scattering onto a great mountain, losing itself in a vast sea. He simply refused to yield to the light. The minuscule raindrop in the sea of Hera's power refused to scatter.

He looked into her and saw her true form. His soul refused to burn. And by that true form the supernova behind the goddesses eyes was given a message. He found himself in a world of pure white.

Hera was waiting for him, sitting down with the same platter of sandwiches and tea she had once greeted Annabeth with. "You have served me well child. My dear Iris has done her duty well. You have bought us time."

She almost smiled, until he looked at her, anger clear on his face. He strode towards Hera like he was going to attack her, and stopped right in front of her. Barely containing himself enough to not fight her.

"Why did you do this to me?" He said, his voice rising, the goddess stuttered, "I needed to be freed from my binds. I needed-" "Someone else!" He snapped. "Those were the terms we set. The fates said I. Was. Done."

"Then the fates were wrong" She just smiled, "The fates are never wrong!" He countered, flipping the table in anger, "Why did you do this to me?" Hera frowned at the spilled tea, "Perhaps you should calm down, you don't have much life left to lose, and you only live now because I deem it so."

A shiver traced down (Y/N)'s back, somehow he understood why he never felt complete, because this body, this life, wasn't. "Circe has taken the monster from me. But that's not all, you took something from me too." She rolled her eyes, "The monster...how crude."