Finding Ourselves with Fortune Cookies

(Y/N)'s POV

"I wish I could say that this was part of the plan,, but It seems you've been doing some scheming of yourself huh? If you're going to try and kill me, know that you won't get very far. Better than you have tried." The ghost said.

Memories ran through (Y/N) like freight train, unrelenting and painful. It was all coming back to him, the face of the ghost that followed him, the other side of himself that had more right to live than he did, up until now, he had inklings of memory, enough to fear this happening.

Now it had, he was unsure where to go from here, he wasn't sure if it was good or bad, or that he could trust the spectre that loomed over him. The taller, older version of himself. Even as he stared it in the face though, he only had one grating question.

"Where are we?" He asked, keen to know the answer before the memories popped his head like a balloon. His mind was beating like a thundering drum. "Breathe. Deep breaths. We'll figure it all out together." The older him said.

"Well, Circe just took all of our power, and by proxy, our soul, into herself, meaning we're currently inside her, waiting to be fed to the king of the giants guy, so that he can gain our power."

"What's the last thing you remember?" It was a simple question, but (Y/N) was almost paralyzed by it, the memories rushed back to him, all at once, he thought that would make him whole, complete with everything he should have known.

It just made him feel more shattered than he ever was before. He thought back, trying to reach into the far corners of his memory, until he found it, the missing memory, the place where he was taken by Circe after his capture.

He remembered the magic surrounding him, he remembered Circe standing over him with a thousand different lights in her eyes as she tried to pull herself together. Lycaon held him down.

He grasped at his chest in the waking world, if you could call it that, but didn't find anything, "It's not there. The Kingslayer blades healed it years ago. I don't know why, but these are the only two that still stay." The fake him said, pointing to his arm.

(Y/N) looked down at the two injuries he knew where there. The slash from a grip of a harpy, and the damage from a fight with his father that he lost. The two brought back painful memories, but key ones. Thinking back to his father helped him.

It helped him understand what Circe had been searching for when they attacked him, it was power. (Y/N)'s power, born from his father. Because that was what she needed before anything, before she could even claim the monster.

She needed the same strength (Y/N) had, the one that made him live long enough against his father to even get this scar in the first place. The older him explained. "She needed a way to fight him, a way to contain him, and you were her test run."

(Y/N) remembered the first thing she took from him were his eyes, the power in them, now he realised it was so she could see what she was doing to him, so she could watch the state of his soul as she tore him apart.

"Once that was done, she got greedy. Tried to take the monster from you, but it's not so easily taken, it's latched onto our soul. It needs us, we need it. In fact the only reason we survived it being taken was our trip in the Styx."

He remembered feeling like he was being ripped open, exposed to the world, as her hands ripped at his soul, searching for it, trying to take it from him, once she succeeded...she made the mistake.

"What happened next?" The older him urged, (Y/N)'s head was a mess, but he fought through the pain, and remembered. "She used my power its was destroying her...and I ran..."