Getting Distracted Lighting Candles

(Y/N)'s POV

He was in way over his head, that was the only thing he was sure of without question. (Y/N) talked a big talk, but 200 demigods, all heavily armed and working in tandem, he was good, but not that good.

He couldn't use the same trick twice with Nico here without being shut down. He tried to comfort himself by remembering all the times he had attacked camp half blood, and how easy it had been the last time.

He was definitely stronger then the old days, and that was one thing he had going for him, but this was a whole different beast. In fact, the odds of him getting absolutely stomped in this war games was immense, and it was all down to one thing.

The one thing he always had in the past when facing odds like these. This time, (Y/N) didn't have the element of surprise. As simple as that was, it changed everything. As Reyna glared at him from across the war table, (Y/N) got to work figuring out a plan. If he was generous enough to call it a plan

There was a big difference between attacking a group of uncoordinated demigods because your arrival came out of nowhere, and a legion of heavily armed, dug in and fortified, waiting for you to come and get them.

That didn't even take into accounts the siege weapons, elephants, water canons or ballista. So to put a complex issue into a short amount of words, (Y/N) was going up the Styx without a paddle. Reyna had outdone herself this time, and she was proud of it, he could see it in her eyes.

This betrayal of course, meant that no matter the outcome of this battle, (Y/N) had to destroy her and everything she stood for, and by that, he meant traumatize all her legion so much that they blamed her for their defeat and eventually ousted her from power...but that was only best case scenario.

The most important thing was of course, wiping that smug look off her face. In order to do that, (Y/N) knew he would have to get creative, there was no way he could just brute force his way through the whole army of demigods, not again, now they were ready for him.

His first thought was simple, ask for help, a temporary truce with the fifth cohort, or hell, he'd even just take Percy and Nico, they were the only two he was concerned about. At least as individual fighters.

That was until he thought about Hazel making her gold bar donut, and decided she should have been on that list too, (Y/N) didn't really believe in curses, at least, not ones based around luck. Even if it was a key factor to demigod life.

He had spoken to the Arai enough times to know that the majority of those 'curses,' were just people who wanted something to blame. (Y/N) stance on luck had always been the same, he was thankful for it, but he didn't believe he could change it.

That being said, he would rather not be turned into a target for molten metal throwing practice. So Hazel was number three to look out for. He did try to strike up a conversation with Nico. "Hey this should be fun, right kid?" He asked cheerfully.

That was meant to lead into the conversation explaining that it would be a lot more fun if they worked together, but Nico just frowned at him, "Don't call me kid." He demanded tiredly. (Y/N) sighed and went to go charm Percy, but it was too late.

Because (Y/N) suddenly understood that nobody would be willing to side with him. The different cohorts and centurions all looked at each other wearily, each of them separated into cliques. Just when he was about to make a joke about luckily wearing jeans on a Friday, he saw their eyes.

He looked around and saw the savage look in everyone's eyes, the same look he had seen countless times before in capture the flag, and realized that forming an alliance was just a long winded way for him to get stabbed in the back during the eleventh hour.