The Consequences of Pulling up Grass

(Y/N)'s POV

"This is harder than it looks." He said breathlessly as he held his shoulders in discomfort, Julia just grinned down at him as he sat on the grass. "You just gotta catch your hands and go woosh!" She said, cartwheeling with little to no effort without even using her hands, much to his envy.

Admittedly it was not a very good example, but it was impressive, and inspired him to try again. He stood up, his whole body aching, and nodded firmly, "So I just gotta go woOSH-OH BY THE GODS!" As he faceplanted the dirt and still somehow rolled into Terminus's statue. Julia's giggles filled the air.

"No dummy, I said 'Woosh' not 'Crash!'" She teased, arms crossed as she looked down at him with a hint of superiority in her tone as he spat out some dirt. "Hand, hand, foot, foot." Terminus said in frustration. "She has told you a thousand times, not, hand, elbow, foot, hips, teeth."

"And go and put that dirt back!" He said. Once (Y/N) had finally located the specific part of dirt that was recently embedded into his face and relocating it to it's proper place, (Y/N)'s practice session was interrupted. A haughty cough filled the air and (Y/N) could almost hear the derision in it.

Without even looking, (Y/N) said, "Oh, Octavian, care to join us?" Once (Y/N) had tried and failed to cartwheel again. He turned around to see the augur frowning at him, Julia seemed eager to have another student to torment. But Terminus took this to mean they were required as people were leaving the senate.

"Julia, bring the tray." In a second, Julia's expression changed to a determined one and she scurried off to do her duty. But then she realised that was rude, and rushed back, threw her arms around (Y/N) in a quick hug, happily yelled "Bye!" and returned to Terminus's side. She even waved at Octavian, who offered her a small smile.

"You're covered in grass stains..." Octavian said, turning his nose up at the thought, (Y/N) laughed, "Yeah, that tends to happen when you spend half your time trying to disagree with gravity."

He rubbed his shoulders, then raised an eyebrow expectantly. "Do we have a problem?" He asked, his hand finding it's way in his toga just in case he would have to defend himself, he didn't think Octavian was the type of person to take losses well.

Octavian looked at his hand reaching for something, and sighed, then shook his head, "No, no problem." (Y/N) sighed back, "Well then I was expecting more conversation dear augur. Unless you've come here to tell me to clean up?"

The teddy murderer looked at (Y/N) like he was something nasty Octavian had the displeasure of stepping in. Cleared his throat and said "I have come to deliver a message, but before that, I must say. That was a nasty trick."

(Y/N) was genuinely taken aback, not only by the fact Octavian of all people was lecturing him about dirty tricks, but because he had no idea what the guy was referring to. "...The...cartwheel?" He answered and Octavian actually facepalmed.

"Your speech. For the senate, to sway the vox populi, using the life of an innocent child as a talking point, and then to make a show of bonding with her right as the senate concludes." He pointed to a large group of Lares that were exiting the building.

"I almost respect it." Octavian said. "Wait it's over already?" (Y/N) asked, wondering how long he had been throwing himself headfirst into grass. "Well, you know what they say, time flies when you repeatedly hit your head." (Y/N) chuckled, Octavian did not.

"I respect your conviction (Y/N) (L/N). Even if your methods were a bit...ham fisted." "Huh?" (Y/N) said, lost, mostly because he had spent the time Octavian had taken to accuse him ripping up the grass under his hands and scattering it. Something he didn't get to do very often at Camp Half Blood without invoking the wrath of the nymphs.