Learning To Fear the Squeaky Hammer

(Y/N)'s POV

As he floated along on what he first thought was a rainbow, but ended up being a cloud, with the colors of the rainbow over the top of it, something didn't seem right, there was an unsettled feeling in his stomach, and he was sure it wasn't because of his encounter with Khione.

"Something's not right, that was too easy." (Y/N) said as he hovered over Ontario, thinking back to the look on Boreas's face and realizing Zethes wouldn't have been held up by those statues as long as he was, and Cal shouldn't have recovered so slowly.

Fleecy's voice said, "What do you mean, you got away, and nearly died." "Exactly..." He mumbled, looking over his head for any snowstorms or strong winds, but the sky was clear. "Four gods, I shouldn't have gotten out that easily."

"I think the brothers were previously demigods." "Still. Boreas alone even, there was no way I should have been able to run away from him without becoming a popsicle. But he just sat there and watched."

"Khione shouldn't have let me leave her room, she's a goddess, if she wanted to stop me, she could have. Somethings up." "You think they let you go? Maybe Iris put in a good word." He shook his head, "No, that's too easy, it's something else."

"Well, the ice princess did seem to...like you..." he couldn't see Fleecy, only hear her voice, but that was all he needed to guess her blushing expression, "Maybe she didn't want to kill you. Maybe she wanted you as a nice sculpture."

"I'm not ruling that out, but after the fight started, even if she didn't want me dead, Cal and Zethes definitely did, but they didn't kill me either." He thought back to his time in the hotel. Thinking back to any clues he might have overlooked.

He thought about the fauns at the service desk, why did they take so long to send him up, were they waiting for confirmation for Boreas, or was it something deeper? Were they stalling him to prepare an attack? No, then it would have been attacking him on sight.

Piper, Jason, and Leo, had passed through, Boreas hadn't killed them, so what was the ice man's beef with (Y/N), there was something he was missing, something obvious, something right in front of him.

He thought about Cal and Zethes. He could still feel himself reeling from Cal's punch, they were plenty strong, they could have overpowered him, so why didn't they if the plan was to capture him?

"Fleecy. Is my nose broken?" He asked, once the adrenaline had worn off, pain pulsed through his entire face, he felt woozy, "Looks like it." She said absentmindedly, he didn't know why that annoyed him so much. But nibbled on some ambrosia as he pondered.

The brothers, Khione told them not to speak with him, he never got to the bottom of why that was an issue, and they clearly followed her instruction for the most part. She had something to do with this, what. He wasn't sure.

Khione herself was an enigma he couldn't begin to unwrap. She was waiting for him, she said it herself, like she knew he was coming, and more miraculously, she recognized him, somehow, her of all people, who has never seen him before today.

And there was something much worse than that, which was all but confirmation that she should go on his intimidating ladies list. He recognized what Khione's last threat to him was, "See you soon."

The golden eyed witch had said something eerily similar the last time she was gloating to him. "What was it you promised me? 'No more running.' I agree. So I'll be seeing you soon..." He had a feeling that it wasn't just a coincidence.

He was unsure if Khione was acting of her own free will, or if she was being controlled somehow, but now (Y/N) knew that the golden eyed woman was hot on his trails, and knew where he was even without his ghost to track.