Kidnapping to Avoid Awkward Conversations

Annabeth's POV

"I still can't believe it." She said, trying to explain the feeling to Zoe, ""Annabeth, it is not that big of a deal, I am sure it happens more often than one would think-" "-It doesn't make sense, the laws of probability were thrown out the window."

"Yes, along with that police officer's lunch. Despite my growling stomach" Zoe said, rolling her eyes, "Stealing a man's car is one thing Zoe, but I'm not letting you steal his food." Annabeth insisted. Trying to get back on topic.

"Don't you find it weird, what about that pink cloud that followed us-" "No, it wasn't following us, and it wasn't weird. Not everything is a conspiracy. Not everything is magic, perhaps we just had luck on our side-"

"Nobody's that lucky." Annabeth said, knowing something was going on, she could feel it in her gut, it didn't make sense "-You were going 120 and we didn't get stopped once." "We were in  a cop car Annabeth." Zoe reasoned

"That nobody reported being stolen." Annabeth countered only to be shut down when Zoe said, "Because I knocked the officers that owned said car into next week." "I feel like we were only in that car for  few minutes. But even weirder, not a single red light? We crossed two states. Even with sirens-" She paused her train of thought.

As they climbed the hill, it got louder, the two shared a glance, their thoughts stuck on one thing, and together, they raced up to the barrier, Zoe made it up first of course, being more fleet of foot and stronger by far.

Annabeth wasn't far behind, a few paces or so, but it was enough. She saw the utter devastation that camp half blood was in, they looked around and saw the blaring alarms and the rushing of  hundreds of armed demigods mobilizing.

Of course the first thing Annabeth checked was that she could still see the golden fleece hanging from it's branch, once that concern was proved moot and she noted the shine of the fleece in the last light of the day, she became more concerned.

Peleus was nowhere to be seen, but she saw the trail of scorched grass leading down half blood hill that meant the dragon had been chasing something. That distracted her for a moment, as she was trying to gather clues and context, Zoe noticed something she did not.

All Annabeth heard was Zoe loose an arrow, a sudden yell and then the former huntress grunt before stumbling backwards, Annabeth's instincts kicked in the moment she saw her friend being attacked.

She looked to Zoe and saw something slip past her, it looked like two people, but Annabeth didn't care, she didn't even look at her target. If she had, she would have taken more time to analyse the situation, and definitely would have used her dagger.

(Y/N)'s POV

It was plaguing his mind, tugging at his heart with every breath. "She still cries over you..." Like an echo in his head, and it was made ten times worse by the look he was getting, "Don't you have somewhere to be?" He demanded.

"For the solstice, yes, I am there, but I am also here, and I do not intend to leave until I am certain that you shall do the job that I have left to you." Glaring at the goddess, (Y/N) said "Why didn't you tell me about Leo being the key until after he was gone, why didn't you just tell me while he was here!"

She frowned back, "You didn't ask. And my child, you know the right path. Why not take it?" "Because people will get hurt." She cackled at that, "You are demigods child, it is your purpose to get hurt for the greater good. And not that I really care, but this is not what she would want. You understand that, but like Zeus. You are too prideful to-"

"Don't ever compare me to him! And stop calling me that!" (Y/N) snapped, "Then, I would recommend not being so easily comparable to him. The two of you are so blinded by your own trouble that you refuse to see the truth for what it is."