Being Roasted by a Chicken

(Y/N)'s POV

"Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, accept my offering. Show me...Tyson." He closed his eyes, hoping for the familiar sound of her magic springing to life. Nothing. He sighed. "Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, accept my offering. Show me...Grover."

Silence. Getting desperate now, (Y/N) almost slammed his fist into Jamison Square Fountain. "Oh Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, accept my offering. Show me...Iris, goddess of rainbows!" Static. He kicked a step in the frustration as he waded in the walk in pool.

The mortals that were still around were starting to look at him funny. Wait, mortals. Maybe the barriers at camp were interfering? "Fleecy. Do me a solid. Show me...Oh I don't know! Fredrick Chase?" Nada. (Y/N) threw the prism he bought from the weird hippy lady on the street corner.

Closing his eyes, and holding onto the image of the last rainbow in his mind, he imagined a fire burning in his chest, then it rose, wrapping around his vocal cords like a coiling serpent. With his whole chest behind it, he threw his last coin.

With it, he reached his voice out as far as he could, searching for anything that he could take as a sign, at this point, even bad news would have been a relief. After collecting himself, he said "Fleecy...please, just do me a solid...Just tell me you're safe."

He screwed his eyes closed tightly. Hoping to hear the familiar voice of his friend, hoping for something that would bring him hope. But even with charm speak, even trying to physically compel the magic into the message. Still nothing worked.

(Y/N) felt like his heart might burst in protest, he wanted to keep going until he found some results. But something told him he could have done this until he was blue in the face but nothing would have changed, which made him feel worse.

His active imagination wasn't helping, he couldn't go a few minutes before imagining what cruel fates Iris and Fleecy were suffering, he imagined them chained up next to his father, as Circe gloated beneath them about destroying (Y/N).

As the magic in his body faded, he felt the pull of the earth again, a tiny voice in the back of his mind that told him Circe was more powerful than him, the shadow was more powerful, if he had more power, he could have protected them.

He remembered years ago, on the sea of monsters, when he had taken the power of Kronos, a titan, and felt like he could do anything, he knew if he had that power at his hands, he would have been able to solve all his problems. If a titan made him that strong, how strong could a primordial goddess make him.

He humored the thought for only a second before snapping out of it. He didn't realize how long he had been stood there, or that he had been almost sleepwalking, walking out the pool of water and towards a nearby patch of grass, where the earth was strongest.

He shook his head, rubbing his eyes. "Where the hell is Piper when you need her?" He said, hoping someone could snap him out of his madness frowning down at the floor and again kicking the steps of a nearby house.

He ended up regretting it immediately, after he cringed in pain at his newly jammed toes. "FFFUUUU-" He said as he hopped up and down. Regretting multiple of his recent life choices. Tears welling up in his eyes for a lot of reasons, least of all the stupid pain in his foot.

But through the tears and the pain, he could finally think straight again. Phineas' words were still tugging at his chest. But the thought of power wasn't what made everything clearer, the opposite really, (Y/N) felt too weak, he felt as though this was all too chaotic, something was off.

Everything that could have gone wrong on this quest so far had, which wasn't uncommon for (Y/N), but there was something about this time that felt, he couldn't find the word...artificial? It felt as if someone was interfering.