Almost Drowning in a Giant Bathtub

(Y/N)'s POV

Sitting around was killing him, waiting to hear back from his friends was killing him. What was worse was the feeling of powerlessness. It had always bothered him, nagging him into the back of his mind. The feeling of uselessness always irked him.

Probably stemming from back when he couldn't save his mother, but he wasn't about to bring up that trauma for the umpteenth time. Instead he focused on recovery, knowing it would do him no good sitting here with his friends all scattered and possibly in danger.

Percy, Jason and Piper had run off to gods knows where, Annabeth was on her Athena trial thing. As for Leo, Hazel and Frank, he'd lost them in the tunnels. So things were looking dicey. He wanted to help however he could.

So, it was a real kick in the gut when Coach Hedge told him that even with all the ambrosia he had taken, and the satyrs own sports healing magic, he would still be bedridden for hours, he was crushed, now both literally and figuratively.

Zoe was clearly feeling the same, probably more so as she had no injury to excuse her, he couldn't see her but he heard her pacing up and down the ship, sighing to himself, he really had to wonder why that noise dampener was so faulty.

Try as he might to take his mind off his problems, with his timeline to save Nico drawing near, and everything going on, he couldn't if he wanted to, everywhere he looked there was another problem he couldn't solve.

It only took him five minutes to lose his cool at the tapping above his head that quickly trailed off, only to return a minute later. He was in half a mind to shout at Zoe for stressing him out, but he couldn't blame her for the nerves she felt.

He felt the same, so anxious her might explode, and so utterly useless for not immediately being able to help his friends. He wished there was some way he could be of use, in fact he pondered this thought for a few minutes.

He did eventually find a temporary solution to his issue of not being able to help, though it went against Hedge's strict orders not to strain himself, he closed his eyes, trying to drown out the world.

As Coach Hedge would soon learn, taking an ADHD person, telling them to sit still in a room when they wanted to do just about anything but, was not as easy as it sounded.

He couldn't move himself physically yet, that was still a slow-going process, but that was not his only option. He had never done these two things simultaneously before, usually either one or the other. It was going to be draining, but hopefully worth it in the end.

Nico was too far out of his reach, surrounded by the power of the giants. He didn't know where Annabeth was, and couldn't help her, the walls of the workshop were surrounding Leo, Hazel and Frank and he was in no condition to breach them. So he focused on his last remaining group of friends.

He had to call forth a memory to do this, think of a connection as best he could, of course his mind raced to Percy, his closest friend of the three, they had plenty of memories together he could share, only for that thought to be pulled aside.

It may have been interference from Gaea, or any other god, or just plain bad luck, but in a moment of quiet, he heard those footsteps overhead and they pulled him into another memory, the conversation that warranted Leo fixing the sound dampeners, the one he had with Piper.

They had sat together in her room and spoken in length about their journey, and the problem (Y/N) found himself facing with the girl. It was a harsh conversation, that started bad, and got worse before it was better.

Even now he almost lost focus thinking of the words, this was fresh off the back of him attacking Leo and the incident with a certain shiny pirate and a sea monster. "Piper, I really hope you don't hate me for saying this, and I hope you know I mean the best with it, but I'm not very good with words."