The Danger of Grecian Lightbulbs

(Y/N)'s POV

"This is such bull." (Y/N) said, running into another dead end, wondering if he should have heard that creepy old guy out, but thinking back on the evil looking guy, he decided that he had made the right choice.

I mean yeah, now he was lost in an underground cavern that he had no idea how to get free of, but at this point, he would have done just about anything to avoid another lecture about how great his mom was and how much of a disappointment it was to see him.

He was far too stressed about other things and far too impatient to suffer any more fools that were trying to grandstand to him. As he turned, doubling back on himself once again, he employed the same tactic.

Closing his eyes and focusing on Hazel, who was the easiest to locate, he headed in that direction, He had tried to shadow travel to her a few times now, but just like with the labyrinth, something was blocking him.

In this case though, it appeared to be not an outside interference, but instead some sort of protective barrier that lined the walls of the room she was in, as if it had somehow been magic proofed.

He had to shuffle around in the dark, because his eyesight was getting worse too, hoping he would run into his friends. Turning down corridor after corridor, he suddenly understood that the weird guy had tried to send him into the door that would stall him a little.

Though he had to wonder why? If the guy wanted to talk to him so badly, why go through the effort of telling him to go through the harder route first? He chalked it up to be some kind of test, and moved on. Taking note of some odd texture on the wall, akin to ash, or scorch marks.

He kept his hands pressed to the leftmost wall as he doubled back, there was a sort of trembling that coursed through the cold stone, a vibration that wouldn't have been noticed if (Y/N) hadn't literally ran into a door not minutes ago.

He took it to mean that this was the magical barrier that shielded him from his friends adorning the walls. He kept his hands to the wall as he shuffled, hoping to drain some of the energy. To weaken the barrier. Since for some reason it would not budge.

There should have been an aspect of his own magic in play here, he shouldn't have been stopped by any barriers, as death could not be impeded. However, every so often, he ran into a barrier like this.

Like the barrier at camp half blood, some were so strong he couldn't pass through them, after all, he was technically only half of his father, death could not be stopped by any barrier, half death, it was a grey area.

A very annoying grey area, some barriers crumpled like paper, others may as well have been stone. At the most annoying moments possible of course. He focused on Hazel, trying to determine her distance from him.

The floating orb of smoke that pulsed through her body was easy to locate, he looked like he was getting closer. He focused, trying to see if he could contact her somehow, telepathy was a bit of a stretch, even for him, but he did try to summon Terry by her side to relay a message.

Nothing. However much he strained, Terry would not arise, at his side or hers. This sent his mind off in a different direction, remembering Terry saying he could no longer help Annabeth, (Y/N) wondered if she now walked these same tunnels.

Though after doing a quick search for any other souls nearby, he quickly found himself both disappointed and worried. Because Hazel, Frank and Leo were not alone. "I swear it's just one thing after another with these kids." He mumbled, breaking into a near blind sprint.

He dashed through hallways and passed through many doors, forgetting where he had come from, and where he had been, solely focusing on getting closer to them. To his annoyance, he saw the three being attacked.