Jumping Off A National Landmark

Annabeth's POV

The first dream Annabeth had after she had left the camp was the first one she had in a while that seemed to be entirely hers. No hidden messages, no warnings or anything like that, she thinks that was why it stuck out to her, that's why it hurt.

She dreamed of being on Olympus, a place she had seen a lot over the summer, but in this dream only one specific spot stuck out to her, a garden on one of it's edges, flowers in bloom, fresh smells on her nose.

Someone took her hand before her vision came into focus, gently, tentatively, as if not to hurt her, from the feeling of that alone, she knew where this dream was headed, but let it be, she liked this dream.

In the dream, gentle music played, it was a mix of a lot of things, some of Chiron's awful music, some music she heard at her fathers house growing up, she even thought she caught the tune of an old gum commercial at one point, but the music didn't matter.

Her partner did, his face almost brought her to tears even in a dream, as they gently twirled around Olympus, content with each other's company, (Y/N) seemed to notice she was getting upset.

Annabeth was in her camp half blood shirt and jeans, her camp necklaces around her, he was wearing something similar, but she noticed his necklace was gone, she still had it. And his eyes were still (E/C).

In her dream, he never stopped dancing, but managed to run a finger under her eye, "What's with the waterworks blondie?" He asked, and at the sound of his voice, she broke down a little more, and in a quiet voice replied, "I miss you."

Suddenly, gentle summer rain seemed to fall around them, since this was a dream, she never felt any hit her, but it was more of the thought of this being symbolic that got to her, again, he wiped her tears away.

"Have you been doing what I asked?" He said with his head slightly tilted as they danced, she wiped her eyes with her sleeved and nodded at first, but then with an even smaller voice said, "It's a lot harder then you made it sound."

"Well, I had a flair for the dramatic didn't I? What was it again? 'if there is a person on this planet that can love you a fraction of the amount I do, then I know you are in good hands'" He laughed quietly, "Y'know, I think I saw that on a fortune cookie once."

Despite that painful memory still eating away at her, and despite the fact her dream was already becoming less and less clear as they danced, meaning it would soon be over, she laughed, for the first time in ages, she laughed and he laughed with her.

He smiled at her, pulling her a little closer, smiling down at her to say "You don't have to miss me Annabeth, I'm not going anywhere." He said, pulling her into his chest so they just swayed to the music.

She wished that were true, she wished that the 'signs' she had told herself were real actually meant something. She wished that the war had left her happy, left her whole, but like so many others, she had lost a part of herself in that war.

Deep down, she knew her pleas for a sign, her dreams and delusions were just that. He had said it himself, he wasn't coming back this time, it was part of his deal, to protect her, and everyone else.

After a minute more of dancing, her dream changed a little, and his image got lighter and lighter, like he was becoming one with the background, she clung onto him, "No!" She cried, trying to hold onto him as hard as she could.

She never wanted this dream to end, she never wanted to wake up, if she could have made a deal with some god to stay here forever, in the moment, in her dream, she would have taken it without thinking.

"I never meant to hurt you Annabeth." He said, she cried out to him, his form slowly fading away, still smiling, still dancing with her, he brushed a hand over her cheek and she felt his hand, and then he kissed her lightly, pulling back gently.