Bringing a Wire to a Lovers Tryst

(Y/N)'s POV

Having spent most of the day running errands, getting lectured and overall causing chaos whenever he went, for (Y/N) the highlight of the day had no doubt been the war games. It made him homesick.

Of course he had a lot of excitement after today's events, capped off by Ares arrival, and finally felt like he was making progress towards seeing his father freed. However there was only one person he wanted to share this excitement with, the one person who wouldn't tell anyone, because she wouldn't remember.

"-Oh, it was a thing of beauty Annabeth, you should have seen it. Hellhounds everywhere, water spraying through the crowds, swords clashing everywhere you looked, war horns going off, eagles swooping down. There was this one chick that dug a tunnel right up to the walls in no time."

"The hellhounds went digging for it, but I just ignored them, feel stupid about it now, they forgave me after some belly scratches and then went home. There's also this son of Ares, nicest guy you'll ever meet in your life. Canadian, as if to add to the stereotype."

"Anyway, he coordinated the whole thing. Wiped out the enemies heavy weapons with this genius water trick." She just smiled and waited to pick her moment, which was impressive considering they both had ADHD with that of course meant they were always interrupting each other during conversation.

Only this time, her interruption seemed strategic, planned, (Y/N) should have seen it coming, she had her planning face on, but he was too excited to calm down and realise it and fell right into her trap.

"-And how did you beat Percy, surely he put up a fight with Riptide?" She asked suddenly, he was so caught up in is story that he just told her, "Well I was about to stab him in the neck, but then something pushed us away, I don't know what it was fog of war and all...wait. I mean-"

"Don't worry, I knew you were lying about finding Percy since last time." She sighed. "That's why I had Clovis tapped into our conversation to figure out where you are." Suddenly a sleepy looking boy holding a pillow appeared beside them, ruining the moment ten times more than it had been already.

"Sup." He said, yawning like even speaking was an immense effort for him. (Y/N) looked at Annabeth, "Did you just bring a wire to our intimate dream meeting?" He said, she shrugged. "Yeah, I guess."

Part of him was very impressed by that, but the other part, the part that knew Somnus had something in the works, was cautious of her interfering with anything. He turned to his cousin. "Clovis, don't do this. You'll ruin things."

(Y/N) thought that Clovis smirked at him, but that might have just been his mouth falling asleep before his body did, only to wake up and reply with, "Trust me (Y/N). I know what I'm doing here." (Y/N) stepped forward to intervene and Annabeth gripped his arm.

But it was too late Clovis had done some sort of dream magic, and he smiled, "I got him, he's dreaming too, exhausted after a big fight...with (Y/N) apparently." His eyes closed and (Y/N) could see his eyes moving underneath his eyelids, like he was looking for something.

"Tyson's the closest. I'll send him an Iris message when I wake up.-" "-No! Clovis they'll kill him if he comes here, it's not like the camp, they see a monster liker Tyson, they kill it, end of story. Don't send him!"

(Y/N) broke free of Annabeth's grip, and though he felt bad about it, punched Clovis in the side of the head while the son of Hypnos had his eyes closed, Clovis fell apart after that, literally, disappearing into a puff of mist.

"What are you doing!" Annabeth yelled, (Y/N) turned back to her. "My job." He said in response. He took her hand and tried to explain, "I'm sorry for not telling you, but I'll tell you now. You can't just take him back..."