One Step Closer To Becoming Sky Pirates

(Y/N)'s POV

"Why did I have to open my big mouth?" He thought as he got out of the lake, shivering. Hand in hand with Annabeth, grinning widely in a moment that he would have been happy to stay in forever.

The others rushed towards him, and the moment passed, Chiron cantered up to them tentatively, like he had seen a ghost, because he had. "Morning Chiron, when's breakfast?" (Y/N) asked.

Chiron approached with his arms crossed over his chest, a frown on his face, "You, are by far the most troublesome demigod I have had under my tutelage in many hundreds of years son of Thanatos." He said.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow, "In all the time I've known you, I don't think you've ever called me that Chiron. Am I in trouble?" Chiron glanced between Annabeth and (Y/N), finally cracking a smile at their two beaming faces.

"No, I think you have had enough trouble for now." Then (Y/N) reached up and hugged the centaur. "Well, you did say, if anyone was going to come back and complain about their death. It would be me."

"That I did my boy." Chiron chuckled, a catch in his voice as his arms wrapped around (Y/N), the two hugged for a moment, and (Y/N) heard his trainer sniffle. To avoid breaking down he coughed. Then he smiled at Annabeth.

"I see your journey to find what was missing was fruitful in another sense Annabeth." She nodded, "Yeah, but I'm debating asking the fates for a refund. I asked for a hero. This one is defective, they've brought me an idiot."

"The fates?" Chiron asked, "Long story." Zoe interjected as she cut in between the hug and nearly squeezed (Y/N) so hard that Annabeth almost did get her refund. "My friend!" She said happily, tears already falling down her face.

"How wonderful it is to see you well!" She said, releasing him as he held his back to check for damage and said "I see someone's upset that someone else could be smart enough to come back from the dead. No need to be jealous Zoe."

For a moment, her smile faltered, Annabeth frowned, and (Y/N) realized he had just put his foot in his mouth, he patted Zoe on the shoulder, "Hey, chin up. We're going to find him, together." She nodded.

"I mean, I missed so much. I had been trying to get you two together for years. And of course I miss the moment of truth." He sighed dramatically as she groaned at him, "I'm taking full credit for it, and when he gets back. I need details."

"You're still a fool." She said, "-I'm serious, that's the real reason I came back. I need the details-" Then (Y/N) was punched in the head by Annabeth, again. He was pretty sure that was going to happen a lot today.

He went through several more hellos after that, Rachel was smirking at him once he returned, and he said, "I swear to the gods if you say you knew this would happen, you're getting chucked in the lake too."

She shrugged, "Maybe an inkling." He was bombarded by the Aphrodite cabin as well as Piper and Jason, who both looked happy for him, but Piper too had a smug look about her. "Don't you even start." He warned.

It was only when Clovis, the only person kind enough to provide a towel, came over that (Y/N) finally got to ask a question of his own. "You recognized me, and helped me." The sleepy boy just nodded.

"How did you know it was me Clovis?" He asked, the half asleep demigod just smiled as the two embraced, "I'd know that insufferable smirk anywhere." As they pulled apart, (Y/N) had to ask, "Why did you help me get to Leo?"

Clovis frowned, rubbing his eyes, "Leo? Who the hell is Leo, I thought you were here to speak with my dad, he's been asking me about you for days. Something about your dad, and what we have to do about him?"