Anticipating the Family Reunion

(Y/N)'s POV

As he floated through the water, unable to breathe, his chest contorted into that familiar pain, not to frighten him this time, but to wake him. Opening his eyes underwater was painful, but he did it.

He found his way to the surface, gasping for air as he resurfaced, he looked around. Disenchantment bay. He had flown this far from one bolt of lightning. As he swam to the shore. He told himself that was the last time he'd ever use that magic.

His arm burned with pain, it felt numb, like the static had fried his nerves or something, so this is what Jason and Thalia got to play around with huh? No wonder their ego's were so big. He gasped as he remembered something.

(Y/N) put his hand to his heart, and heard it's steady rhythmic beating, slow, but there. It was the proof he needed that he had gotten stronger. At any other time in his life, if he hadn't accepted himself for who he was, that amount of shock would have stopped it.

He sat on the shore, unsure what to do next for a few moments, but as he felt the weight of the scythe still in his shadow, and remembered the army going to Camp Jupiter. He knew his course of action.

He couldn't shadow travel, even with the scythe, he would have been too exhausted to fight once he got there. As he was thinking of other solutions, one found it's way to him.

In the shattered landscape, he saw someone wash ashore, Circe, his enemy, but as he saw her hair plastered to her face, her whole body shivering and the fear in her eyes, he wasn't angry, in fact the only thing he felt towards her was pity.

He walked up to her as she resurfaced, reaching out a hand to her. She didn't take it, too stunned by what she saw. This gesture was for a purpose, by no means did it mean (Y/N) would ever forgive her, or even let her live.

He was just in such a calm state, he couldn't bring himself to fight. She had reverted to how she once looked, the typical signs of a daughter of Hecate clear on her face, the green eyes looking with fear.

"You use metamorphosis magic, don't you?" He asked, truly not caring about the answers, but thinking clearly about what he had to do next. She didn't answer, she was either to afraid or too tired to do so, "Good." He nodded, without needing a response.

He saw the trepidation in her eyes, the question she asked herself, of why he would need to ask her that. It was all he needed to make a decision. They were enemies, but he knew Circe well. He used the heads of Scylla to drag her free from the water.

When he thought about Scylla, and the power he now had, he realized he had discovered it from draining the monster of life as it shuffled off the mortal coil, now he intended to do the same with the monster's creator.

He dropped Circe in the snow, she didn't even have the strength to move, so had to watch what he did next, picking up the pieces of his discarded pistol which had been blown apart from magic.

They had somehow all washed up next to (Y/N), maybe this was the place without gods, but that didn't stop godly parents from getting revenge for their children through other means here. Even Ares wasn't heartless.

She had to watch as (Y/N) heated metal, and tinkered with the weapon. He was no son of Hephaestus, he fumbled with the smaller pieces a few times, burned himself, and cursed, but she just sat there. Either giving up, or planning her next move.

He looked over the weapon, he had spent enough time with Beckendorf to be able to do small repairs on things like weapons and armor, without any tools, and he had spent enough time with Blackbeard to be able to take these guns apart with little effort.

He finally got the weapon to a functioning state, and though he had no ammo for it, or powder, he knew it would sustain itself long enough for the purposes he needed it for, as he walked towards Circe all they could hear was the 'crunch' of freshly settled snow.