Chapter 32: Vasovagal syncope

Wanda woke up slowly, she felt a soothing patting against her bottom. She snuggled further into Natasha in response letting out a sigh of contentment. Natasha pushed the hair out of Wanda’s face with her free hand and laid a kiss to her forehead.

“Wakey Wakey,” sung Natasha. “We need to get up and get ready for school.”

Wanda just groaned and shut her eyes tighter, pushing her face into the duvet.

“That won’t work sweetheart,” Natasha responded and patted her backside with a bit more force.

“Five more minutes,” she whimpered out turning to bury her face back into Natasha’s neck.

“Nope,” replied Natasha popping the P, “Also after school we need to talk, don’t think for a second I’m going to let you put that genie back in the bottle.”

Wanda’s face soured and she wretched herself away from Natasha’s hold, “Fine.”

“Don’t get like this Wanda,” chided Natasha.

“You aren’t listening to me. I don’t want to talk about it,” stated Wanda firmly.

“Ok,” replied Natasha easily.

“Ok?” questioned Wanda in slight disbelief about how easily Natasha had given in.

“I can’t make you talk Wanda, but you won’t be seeing Vision until you do,” said Natasha simply.

Wanda’s face dropped, as she pouted unhappily at her mother. “Mama, that’s not fair.”

Natasha stuck her finger out and playfully flicked Wanda’s bottom lip, “Look at that pout.”

Wanda roared slightly in anger, “Don’t patronise me.”

Natasha pulled the teenager into her arms, “Little one, I’m not changing my mind on this. I love you, but this isn’t negotiable in the slightest.”

Wanda sighed and shrugged her shoulders, “Can we stay home from school then?”

Natasha quirked an eyebrow at her, “I wish we could baby, but we need to keep our cover.”

Natasha watched Wanda’s face fall, “but we can talk tonight, just me and you if you want?”

“Maybe,” replied Wanda. Natasha watched as the wall went straight back up again, she cursed herself, she should have just agreed to stay home.

………………………………………………

Wanda felt distracted she was honestly trying to focus on the lessons. She grabbed her bag when the bell rang heading towards her locker to grab her kit. Gym was next period, or P.E as it was called in the UK. Every lesson they just seemed to be playing netball, she wasn’t sure what the obsession with this ridiculous game was in the UK. The only place you seemed to play it was at High school, then it was never spoken of or seen again.

The rules were so complex to her, you had to wear the most ridiculous bibs, and remember what position you were, as it determined where you could be on the court. Wanda did not understand why they always had to play this game. She got ejected from her last lesson, as apparently it was against the rules to throw the ball into the opposition’s stomach at point blank range when they were trying to block you. Though it did make the boys laugh. It seemed entirely sexist that they were allowed to play football/soccer while she had to play this ridiculous game.