Chapter 45: Luminous Introspection

Natasha didn’t even bother to knock she just pushed open the door and barged into the room.

“Get out,” stated Wanda from her position laying on the bed. She hadn’t even turned to face the woman, choosing instead to stare at the wall of the room.

“You may want to remember who you are speaking to and adjust your tone accordingly,” replied Natasha firmly.

“I know to whom I’m speaking to,” stated Wanda haughtily. “So can you please depart my room immediately.”

Natasha just shook her head and went and sat next to Wanda on the bed. She placed a tentative hand on Wanda’s shoulder who quickly shrugged her off.

“Wanda, sit up please,” said Natasha.

Wanda groaned but sat up putting her back against the headboard. “Thank you,” said Natasha warmly.

“You have got to start controlling your temper,” chastised Natasha.

Wanda snorted, “That’s rich coming from you…”

“Do as I say not as I do,” replied Natasha quickly.

“How is that fair you hypocrite??” spat out Wanda.

“Wanda calm down,” stated Natasha firmly as she monitored the spirals of red starting to emanate from the teenager.

Wanda turned away from the older woman, “Can you just leave.”

“I thought you wanted answers,” replied Natasha.

That response instantly quirked her interest, Wanda sat up and turned to the spy. “You actually going to give me any?” questioned the teenager.

“How will you know if you don’t ask them?”

That response seemed to take Wanda by surprise who struggled to find the words. Natasha took that moment to continue speaking, “Not sure what you want now are you?”

“No,” quickly replied the witch in annoyance. Natasha laughed slightly, “Malyshka, I don’t think you even know what you want to know….”

“I know you are always lying to me,” stated Wanda petulantly.

“No I’m not,” stated Natasha firmly. “There are things you don’t need to know about.”

“Like what?” asked Wanda.

Natasha smirked at her, “let’s try this the other way around. What do you want to know?”

“Everything,” replied Wanda quickly. Natasha gently starting running her fingers through Wanda’s hair, “So you want me to tell you about the thing that Steve does with his tongue that is oh so satisfying….”

“God no,” said Wanda in disgust.

“That’s what I thought,” said Natasha in slight amusement. “Look if there is something you need to know you can come and talk to me about. It doesn’t always have to be some big dramatic standoff surrounded by our friends and family.”

Wanda turned her face into Natasha’s shoulder, upset by the slight rebuke. “But what if I don’t know what I’m supposed to ask?”