Chapter Nine

CHAPTER NINE

I WILL NOT LOSE!

Phuwin POV

I've been in many tournaments before, but this year is the toughest. Or I could say, the worst. Not only be in the same dorm as my mortal enemy, but we also have to face last year's top 3 schools, Suppalo, in the first match. This is not good.

"Phuwin, are you okay?" asks Earth while looking at me worriedly

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine" I said tried not to make my team worried

Love also looked at me worriedly, "Phuwin, if you don't feel good..."

"I'm okay, don't worry about me," I cut her, "Just need time to more focus, don't worry, I'm just nervous a little bit," I said, trying to reassure the other too.

I need to concentrate and focus, this is my last chance. I can't chicken out now, I promise myself to beat the hell out of Pond this year and took back the winning trophy. 

No matter how strong the other team/school is, I will not give up and do my best. I'm the Math Club's President now, the responsibility is heavy and I will not disappoint my school and my teammates. 

Before the match starts, we need to register the participating members. Every match is only represented by 4 from 6 students per team. So, since we will face Suppalo, I choose Earth, Love, BimBeam, and Myself. These members are the best of the best, especially BimBeam and Earth, with their quick response, problem-solving, and specialization in Geometry and combinatorics. Love also has specialized in Algebra and Calculus. I, myself, am good with all of it so I'm sure we can defeat Suppalo this year too. 

"Hey Phu, is that what I think he is" Suddenly Earth patted my shoulder while looking in the direction beside us.

"Huh?"

"No way! No way Phu!" Earth started to pat my shoulder harder over and over which is starting to get hurt

"Ouch ouch ouch, Eii Earth...Earth... calm down!" I said trying to calm Earth down, "What is wrong with you!"

"Phu! Look! Shia, we're screwed!" he said in frustration.

"Huh?" I said in confusion and then look in the direction of Earth pointing

I'm looking at a guy who is now standing in front of me, smiling. But his smile wasn't like he is smiling neither smirking, not smiling to look down at his opponent or neither being friendly smile. It's hard to describe that smile. I stood dumbfounded, I couldn't believe what I see.

"We meet again," he said

"Santa?"

"You looking good as always," he said, "Or I say, getting gorgeous each time I see you" 

I blinked, Uh...did he just compliment me?

"Uhm...thank you," I said in confusion, "You also never change, Santa," I said flatly, trying not to swap away from his compliment, "I see you finally back this year"

"Well, this year is my last chance to participate in this tournament," he said, "Besides..." he walked close to me, "...I didn't get a chance to compete with you last year," he said with a low registered tone, "It's sad that you lost from that guy instead of me" I added

I got goosebumps. Literally, I got chills. But it's not a good feeling, it's the opposite. 

He smirked, " If you become mine, I'm willingly losing for today's match for you," he said seductively