Chapter Forty One

CHAPTER FORTY ONE

DEVASTATING NEWS

GEMINI POV

As I woke up on the living room sofa, I noticed that Fourth was asleep next to me. I had held him tightly in my arms all night, and I was relieved to see him sleeping soundly. He had been frantic because he couldn't get in touch with any of his family members. I understood how he felt because I would feel the same way too.

Suddenly, I felt an uneasy pressure in my chest. I knew I wasn't sick, but something felt off. I suspected something was happening with Phuwin, so I went to his room to check on him. But before I could, I heard a phone ringing which wasn't mine. It was coming from Fourth's phone, and it was his dad calling. Since Fourth hadn't charged his phone since yesterday, the call got disconnected. I went to my room to charge Fourth's phone, and it took a while for it to turn back on. So, I decided to call Uncle Earth using my phone instead.

"Hello, Uncle Earth, this is Gemini, Fourth-"

Oh Hello, Gemini! What is it, son?

"Uhm...I see you called Fourth earlier but it's cut out because his phone is out of battery,"

Ah I see, is Fourth with you? There's something I need to say to him.

"Fourth is asleep now, if it's important, I will wake him up now,"

I didn't hear the answer, it's like Uncle Earth hesitating. I have a hunch that the important thing is about P'Pond. I walked back to the living room and decided to wake up Fourth.

"Fotfot, your Dad called..."

Immediately Fourth opened his eyes and jumped to take the phone.

"Dad! Why you didn't answer my phone? Why either you or Papa Mix didn't answer my call, even Hia too. Where were you? What's going on?"

Fourth throwing a lot of questions frantically, he even said it in one sentence. I tap Fourth shoulder and mumble 'Calm down'.

Fourth looked at me and sighed, "I'm sorry Dad, I just...what?! What do you mean Hia is in hospital right now? What is going on?"

I can hear panicking in Fourth voice, he immediately gets up and cuts off the call. I tried to calm him down but He already ran towards P'Joong's and Hia Dunk's room, but I think Fourth couldn't find them and went to Phuwin's room instead. Fourth goes inside and I can hear him shouting to take him to the hospital. I also walked inside the room, but I didn't expect to see Phuwin sitting on the floor with swollen red eyes.

Did Phuwin cry? Is the pressure I felt because of Phuwin crying?

But before I say anything, Fourth is already in panicking mode and Hia Dunk is trying to calm him down. I don't know which one I should go to, to my frantic boyfriend or my crying twins. Even P'Joong who was just coming into the room confused and surprised with the situation.

"Fourth, calm down na..." Hia Dunk keeps trying to calm Fourth down

"Hia...Hia...is in Hospital," Now I can see tears falling from Fourth eyes. My boyfriend now is crying.

I hug Fourth from behind to calm him down, I see Phuwin walk towards us.

"Fourth, what did you just say?" Phuwin said with a hoarse voice

"Dad called, Hia is in the hospital,"

"What do you mean he's in the hospital? What happened to him?"

Now Phuwin is in panic mode, and Hia trying to hold Phuwin to calm him down.

Nothing will come out clear if everyone is in panic mode, I tried to mediate the situation and I think P'Joong also thinks the same thing.

"You two need to calm down," P'Joong said but I can hear clearly his voice trembling. He is trying to calm down but I can see he's also shocked to hear that his best friend is in hospital.

After a while, both Fourth and Phuwin are calming down.

"Now, tell me Fourth, what is going on? You said Pond is in the hospital? What happens?" P'Joong asked as calmly as possible

Fourth a little bit sobbing, "Dad called that Hia is in hospital right now but I don't know why, I cut the phone, I...I'm just panicking..." Fourth started crying again and I pulled him into a hug.

I see Hia Dunk also holding a small bottle in his hand. I frowned.

"Hia, what are you holding?" I asked pointing at the bottle

Hia looks hesitating but then shows it to us, "I think this is the reason why Pond is in hospital now," he said

I look closer, Fourth also takes a look.

TMZ, Medications for Cancer and Tumors.

Huh? Tumour?

"Medication treatment for Cancer and Tumors?" Fourth said, his hands trembling while holding the bottle. I can also see P'Pond's name written on the bottle.

"Hia...Hia got a brain... tumor?" Fourth said, his voice trembling.

Everyone is in silence, if this is true, the reason Pond is now in the hospital is that he had a brain tumor.

Suddenly from My room, Fourth phone rang. Fourth is running towards it and we're following him behind.

"Dad!"

I guess it's from Uncle Earth.

"What?! Ok...ok...I'm on my way!" Fourth voice started to panic again.

"Fourth, what happens?" I ask

"Hia... collapse....he's in critical condition," he said trembling

"I have a car key...."

"I will drive,"

P'Joong showed us a car key and Hia Dunk offered to drive us. I guess because P'Joong's knees are still in recovery so it's impossible to drive a car.

Without hesitation, we grab our jackets and run towards P'Joong's car. Hia Dunk drove us to the hospital. Uncle Earth already informed Fourth which Hospital.

No one is saying anything, everyone stays silent. But I can feel the tension in the air. I sat between Phuwin and Fourth, I could feel the pressure, it was coming from Phuwin. He's distressed and on the other side, Fourth also keeps fidgeting. What I can do right now is hold their hands.

Oh God, Why does everything turn out like this?

______
Double update!

I just realized that I didn't write any chapter from Gemini's POV. So I decided to write it from his POV.

I want to thank you for the response from the previous chapter, I didn't know how much you guys love this story and eagerly wait for the continuation. I'm so happy. Thank you so much.

It's a short chapter but I hope you like this too.

See ya in the next chapter and happy weekend.