Chapter Thirty Three

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

WHY MY PHOTO AND WHEN?

DUNK POV

Although I was losing to him again, at least in the end, I went full power and focused on the game. I can now understand why he was called a prodigy ACE; he played at 100% even though he was injured. No matter how much I hate that, this other feeling for him grew larger.

Right after he scored a 3-point buzzer-beater and won the game, he collapsed. He was immediately taken to the infirmary. Instead of going back to my team, I followed them. I know how irresponsible I was as the captain of the team, but I was worried about him.

I saw Dr. Jimmy, I think that was his name, giving him an injection. I believe it was to ease his pain, and it worked. His expression changed to a more relaxed one. I looked around, made sure no one was around, then took a chair and sat beside his bed.

He sleeps soundly and at ease. I sighed in relief.

I look at his face, he's indeed very handsome. I admitted that. I can't help admiring every detail of his face.

Now I'm thinking about it, the first time I met him was when I was 12. Dad took me to the Junior Basketball training camp, originally to meet Joong's Dad, Uncle Bright but ended up staying to watch a mini-game. Joong was the center of attention, at such a young age, he already played like a pro. That was the first time I thought that Basketball was a cool sport and asked my Dad to assign me.

My first impression of Joong when I met him, I thought, he was a cool kid and nice because he looked so happy when he played basketball. But no, he was a freaking brat with a foul mouth. I don't know if he even remembers me but he was my goal. I want to defeat him so that I can see his dumbfounded and defeated face, but I guess that's a goal never fulfilled.

That feeling of wanting to defeat him slowly changes to a crush. Now, should I admit that I'm falling for him now?

Oh God, what should I do with this feeling then? 😫

Then suddenly I heard a buzzing from Joong's phone, I looked at the screen.

It's from Fourth

It's from Fourth. Pond's little brother and I presume he is also the boyfriend that Gemini keeps secret.

Should I pick it up? But what if it was an emergency?

So I decided to answer the phone.

"Hello...Fourth,"

Phi, do you know where Hia is-...diao, who's this?

"This is Dunk, Joong now is-"

Ooh Phi, are you with Phi Joong? Is he okay? Is my Hia also with you there? I couldn't find him anywhere!

Before I even finish my sentence, Fourth talking like He's being chased by a big scary dog. He should breathe between those sentences tho.

"Joong is sleeping now in the infirmary and Pond is not here either,"

Thank God...huh...diao na, Phi, why are you with P'Joong? Don't you hate him?

"Uh....I...uh...was just coincidentally in the infirmary when his phone rang...yeah, just coincident,"

Wait, why am I stuttering?

Hummmm....

Ok, what's with that 'humm' reaction?

Ok then Phi, I leave P'Joong to your care!

And before he hangs up, I briefly hear Gemini's voice. Oh, they are both together? So my suspicion is right, especially after I saw the kiss in front of the apartment dorm. Since when they're doing that, why does Gemini keep it secret from me? Does Phuwin know about it?

I sigh.

I guess I will interrogate Gemini after the CAMP Competition ends and we go back home. You should get ready, Gemini, to spill all the secrets you've been keeping from Hia here?! I thought while smirking.

When I looked at Joong's phone screen, I didn't expect what picture would pop up on the lock screen.

Huh? Why in the hell does he have my photo as his phone lock screen?!

And when did he even take this photo?!

Why?! Huh?!

I look back and forth between Joong and his phone.

I'm so confused.

Why does he have my photo and moreover, as his lock screen?!!

Not only that, when I tried to open the password. The lock password is my Birthday?!

1001 → October 1st.

Is this just coincidental? And again, his phone wallpaper?!

Again, when did he even take all these photos?!

Did he have feelings for me?

Is he?

But since when?

What?!

___________

Annyeong yeorobun! Sawadhi ka!

This week's update!!!

As you guys know, I will update every weekend at least 2 - 4 chapters. I tried to update on the weekday but my work is so hectic. Hope you guys understand.

Anyway, I hope you like it and have a great weekend.