Chapter Eleven

Hi Guys, long time no update! Before going into this chapter, I want to apologize. 

Sorry for not Updating as I announced before. There are some personal problems (mostly attacking my mental health) and I need some break from everything and put my mind together. And there was also some technical problem, My laptop was in repair and most of the drafts for this story were permanently erased, I'm so devastated! Need to start from zero for this chapter and try to recall what I wrote before. 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Sorry for the long delay!

Thank you for waiting patiently!

____________________________________________________

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHILDHOOD FRIENDS

DUNK POV

It's only the first day of the competition but I'm already exhausted, physically and mentally. Moreover after the bathroom incident. Oh God, what should I do to erase the memory of that time? Why do we have to be in the same room with them, with him? 

Before bed, I look around the room to ensure he's not inside. But, God not do me a favor. He already sits on the side of the bed, it looks like he applied something to his right knee. 

Is he hurt his knee? I thoughts

"How long are you going to stand there?" 

I was slightly startled, "Uhm...is your knee hurt?" 

He look surprised.

I don't know why I said it, but I am curious and maybe a bit worried. Like seriously worried, although I hate him but I do really want to beat him on his prime conditions not because he's injured or anything. You know what I mean, argh...it's complicated.

"What?" I ask because he does really look surprised

"Huh, no, just I never thought that you were going to say something like that," he said in a tone and disbelieving expression

I frown, "I really want to beat you and take that winning trophy from you!" I said walking to my sports bag, "But I don't want to win just because you hurt yourself or are not in your best condition" I continued walking towards him with pain cream and kinesio tape on my hand.

I bend down and touch his right knee, he jolts a bit. I look up at his expression; he seems calm but I can slightly see the pain in his expression. 

"What are you doing?" He asks slightly in discomfort. 

"Don't move" I said then processed to apply the cream on his knee, I tried to message the area where I believed the pain was, and I can feel him jolt again. 

"Why are you doing this?" He asks again

I keep messaging his knee to make sure the cream was applied thoroughly. I didn't reply to his question. 

He grabs my hand, "Dunk, why are you doing this?" He asks again, looking at me with a serious expression

This is the first time I heard him calling my name. It sends something into my body.

"Alai?" I said rising my eyebrows

"I thought you hated me?" 

I sigh and let go of my hand from his grab. "As I said, I don't want to win over you just because you had an injury on your knee," I said continuing to apply the cream and process to binding the kinesio tape on his knee